Responsible for fundraising among Lehigh's colleges. One position each will support the College of Arts and Sciences and the Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, and one position will support both the College of Business and the College of Education. Please note in the cover letter any preference for a specific college role and why. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Provide coordination and oversight for corporate and foundation relations in support of the assigned College’s strategic initiatives, as directed by the Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations and in close coordination with the relevant College dean, Senior Director, Industry Engagement *Identify partnership opportunities, articulate the value proposition for the college and develop comprehensive engagement strategies in an effort to drive philanthropic and sponsored research support *Explore corporate, foundation and other entities to fund research, student learning, programmatic and college-wide initiatives based on priorities and needs *Provide stewardship of key external relationships including written reports, campus visits and visits with funders *Build relationships at all levels with funders, including program staff, trustees and C-level executives *Develop a strong working knowledge of the assigned College, its strengths and opportunities, strategic direction and its faculty members’ research and scholarship expertise
2. Collaborate with assigned College deans, department chairs, staff and faculty to build comprehensive relationships with corporate entities, foundations and other funders, including growing partnerships, intellectual property, research, data agreements and gifts and grants *Arrange visits for deans and faculty as appropriate, including executive-level briefings, in an effort to cultivate key strategic partnerships *Coordinate campus visits for corporate and foundation executives, plan and facilitate meetings, identify and lead follow-up activities *Work with alumni, parents, Trustees and senior academic leaders where appropriate to gain access to strategic corporate and foundation partnerships by leveraging their connections and developing meaningful relationships
3. Project and program development as needed for college priorities *Work with faculty members and deans students to develop projects in collaboration with funding partners *Work with faculty, deans and other offices as appropriate during project development phase to manage timetables, articulate needs, etc. *Write complex proposals (in collaboration with funding partners and Lehigh stakeholders), develop project budgets and present the project and idea to gain support *Assist and consult with departments on project opportunities
4. Cross-functional Leadership duties as assigned *Work closely with Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) units including the Center for Career and Professional Development, college directors of DAR to coordinate work flows, strategies and integration of prospects *Interact with other offices on campus (Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Vice Provost for Research and OAPR, Provost’s office) to communicate and ensure clear expectations for holistic approaches to corporate and foundation prospects *Oversee student employees, including personal and professional development *Identify and lead opportunities for office culture enhancement (e.g., team building activities, improvement of physical office environment) *Participate in DAR and University-wide professional development and training; help identify personal and professional development opportunities for Office of Economic Engagement (OEE) staff
5. Develop a multi-year pipeline of corporate and foundation prospects *Ensure that all activity and information is tracked in the database of record *Identify opportunities and develop short- and long-term strategies to engage and solicit institutional partners; bring together DAR and campus-wide partners and lead strategy sessions as needed *Create and implement moves management plans and top donor strategies *Report on all pipeline activity during regular meetings
6. Liaison duties as assigned (e.g., college liaisons) *Work with assigned Dean(s) to identify priorities and develop fundraising plan *Communicate priorities to the entire Development team where appropriate *Work with Trustees, alumni and key volunteers on behalf of the College or area
Grade: 11 - 40
Position Number: S87920
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by the supervisor
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Liberal Arts, STEM, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Five to eight years related work experience
Four years of experience in foundation fundraising preferred
Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent organizational skills, time management and sound judgment
Adept use of digital communication preferred
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.