1. Performs clerical and receptionist responsibilities *Greets all guests to the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA), ensuring all feel welcomed and part of the community *Prepares and submits student payroll and maintains confidentiality regarding payroll and records *Receives and/or handles incoming calls *Receives and processes incoming and outgoing mail *Creates and distributes weekly emails and newsletter to notify students, staff and faculty about upcoming OMA and University wide events and programs *Update calendars as needed for Director and Associate Director *Additional administrative support for other senior level staff in the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity (ODI&E)
2. Process Administration and Support *Reserves and prepares facilities including technology needs *Identifies multiple campus venues to provide options for meetings *Schedules and arranges meetings for Director and others upon reques *Troubleshoots technological media services (i.e., Skype, Zoom, technical equipment and media outlets) *Coordinates itineraries and details for new professional staff and participates in interviews for student work study students *Effectively and efficiently alert Director and/or Associate Director on matters pertaining directly to student-related issues, departmental questions or any issues that may directly affect the productively of the staff in OMA *Supports students in their programming, including programmatic reimbursements, room reservations and ordering materials for event
3. Maintains departmental website *Oversee website, coordinate and make changes with consultation of Director and Associate Director; take initiative to keep website up-to-date and to propose timely and effective ways to utilize the website *Attends all training regarding University policies and changes to website and works closely with Library and Technology Services (LTS) for resolving issues *Assists in the design layout and graphics for website based on feedback, input and ideas *Seeks out ways to incorporate social media and new web technology into program specific and Departmental websites
4. Performs administrative support responsibilities for the department and work area *Maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment *Schedule meetings and travel for Director *Maintains OMA student staff schedules and analyzes ways to ensure student staff work more effective and efficient *Ensures fully-functioning and efficient workflow in the Multicultural Resource Center; ensures lounge space is clean and organized at all times; ensures supplies are ordered *Works closely and collaboratively with the Coordinator for the Center for Gender Equity and the Pride Center to ensure all offices are in clear communication with one another and to share Coordinator support when the three spaces put on programs together *Works closely with University scheduling for internal and external groups reserving the Multicultural Resource Center *Provides high level knowledge of OMA programming for all constituents and directs them to appropriate resources when necessary
5. Tracks and maintains budgets *Compiles budget balance information into monthly spreadsheets and distributes to staff accordingly *Tracks expenditures on BANNER (Lehigh’s Personnel Database) and resolves discrepancies *Communicates with vendors and/or outside resources to determine methods of payment *Processes payments, transfers, reimbursements and cash advances *Fill out paperwork for reimbursements, transfers, cash advances, settlements and check requests when needed *Works efficiently and effectively with all on- and off-campus partners and vendors for transfers and purchases *Works with an established budget and responsible for staying within budget and following budget guidelines, resolves discrepancies and alerts Financial Manager to inconsistencies
6. Supports Director and Associate Director through arranging meetings and scheduling Office related events *Schedules and coordinates meetings for Director and Associate Director, providing background information, if necessary, ensuring Director and Associate Director are prepared for meetings *Updates all University-wide calendars *Arranges elements of OMA programming including parking permits, reserving room locations, coordinating visitors' and speakers' travel and accommodations, ordering food and ordering materials for events
Grade: 7 – 37.5
Position Number: S75690
The duties of this position may allow for the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by the supervisor
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
One to three years related work experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, time management and sound judgment
Adept use of digital communication preferred
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot six months after their second vaccine; unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.