Location: Westchester Campus,
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Academic Budgets and Planning, this position will lead the budget, financial planning and reporting of the assigned College, School, and/or academic unit(s).
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
Budget Models (Revenue):
- Analyze academic program financial data including enrollment data, program break-even analysis, contract review process, and various other academic program models.
- Master and maintain complex budget models for new revenue program proposals.
- Conduct research and analysis to determine the viability of revenue programs and present
- Actively work with Program Directors to analyze, summarize, and prepare budgets and projections.
- Coordinate and manage the graduate program budget submission process; requesting enrollment hours, course schedule, and related operating expenses plans.
- Develops program model templates and delivers training on such models for various departments and programs.
- Prepare monthly variance reports for budget vs. actuals and provide financial analysis explanations. Analyze data and report on projections based on actual trends and provide sound business recommendations for variances or adjustments.
- Manage and maintain the budget information associated with faculty contracts and faculty lines. Respond to inquiries related to the faculty hiring process.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the annual salary budget and position control.
- Collaborate with the Associate Deans in each college/school to track and maintain monthly/quarterly/annual temporary & permanent salary analysis.
- Review and process budget approvals in on-line hiring system.
- Collaborate with departments and Controller's Office to complete the year-end process. This includes preparing deferrals and accruals and completing year-end variance analysis.
- Monitor actual expenditure levels, accruals, and projections against budgets and funding obligations to support accuracy in financial management.
- Periodically inform Department Chairs and Program Directors about the status of their budget funds and provide regular updates and budget reports.
- Manage and maintain commitments using one-time funds, discretionary accounts and/or other special funds.
- Responsible for the testing, documentation, and training of regular Workday and Adaptive systems updates. This includes the design and use of data queries to analyze data integrity as well as content conformity to set standards, spreadsheet design, analysis of data linking, and formula integrity.
- Respond and resolve complex and/or Tier 2 tickets related to Workday budget inquiries.
- Be well versed with the University systems including but not limited to Workday, Adaptive, and Prowl.
- Serve as an experienced resource to the Academic Affairs Budget Team on reconciliation and navigating University data systems.
- Verify accuracy of financial information provided by business partners including, Office of the Registrar, Student Financial Services, Student Employment Services, and Financial Aid.
- Review and approve expense reports and payment requests via Workday accounts payable business process.
- Be well versed with the University policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Identify and implement business process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Loyola Marymount University Expectations:
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Typically a Bachelors Degree in accounting and/or finance with corresponding professional experience, or equivalent experience. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
- Minimum four years finance or accounting experience in progressively responsible positions which have included accounting (A/P, A/R, General Accounting) and quantitative analysis, financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Proven ability to use spreadsheets and financial planning and reporting software to create complex financial models and make business recommendations supported by data analysis.
- Analytical experience as it pertains to revenue models and be able to effectively present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative, analytical, report writing and financial modeling skills. Skill in writing concise, logical, and grammatically correct correspondence and reports.
- Demonstrated computer competency and advance knowledge of the MS Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience with financial software including database functions, and financial analysis programs. Workday experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of: US Accounting principles and variance analysis and reporting.
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) evidenced by background in preparing comprehensive reports and executive summaries. Ability to work with Department Chairs and Program Directors to review their budgets. Excellent customer service and administrative skills?
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, use initiative, follow through, and get the job done well and in a timely manner.
- Project management skills involving complex variables and competing project deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
$64,480.00 - $83,600.00 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Loyola Marymount University, a Carnegie classified R2 institution in the mainstream of American Catholic higher education, seeks outstanding applicants who value its mission and share its commitment to inclusive excellence, the education of the whole person, and the building of a just society. LMU is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal, state and local law. We invite all persons in the full diversity of their being, life experience, and beliefs to apply. (Visit www.lmu.edu for more information.)