Responsible for the day-to-day management of a sponsored research project that proposes to create indoor navigation assistive technology for persons with disabilities. The project manager will play a key role in making sure the project deliverables, key stakeholders, and project investigators are informed and on track for meeting the sponsor agency deadlines. The project manager will play a key role in record keeping, expense allocation and reconciling, and monthly reporting to the team and to the sponsor. The project manager will have a high level of engagement with multiple kinds of stakeholders, including researchers, the sponsoring award agency, and the ultimate users of the research product. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
Position Number: S97360
This position is a Grade: 9-40 with an approximate salary range of $53,580-$65,210 and is subject to change based on experience, skills and qualifications. This is a term position with an expected end date of November 30, 2026
Lehigh University offers a comprehensive and family friendly benefits package which includes but is not limited to Health Care, Retirement and Educational benefits. Information can be found on our website at https://hr.lehigh.edu/benefits
1. Project Planning and Execution: *Define project scope, objectives and timelines in collaboration with stakeholders *Develop detailed project plans, allocating resources and managing team workload
2. Monitor progress closely, identifying and mitigating risks and implementing corrective actions as needed *Facilitate effective communication among team members, collaborators and stakeholders. Help to monitor subrecipient institutions and contractors *Ability to plan and lead weekly team meetings, monthly stakeholder meetings and quarterly briefings with the sponsoring award agency Ability to coordinate and host site visits and hybrid meetings with multiple stakeholders
3. Reporting and Documentation: *Prepare meeting agendas, briefing materials and ad hoc and regular reports to the team and to the sponsoring award agency *Develop comprehensive meeting agendas incorporating project objectives, participant insights and action items for the Principal Investigator and team *Draft comprehensive Monthly reports with both narrative summaries and detailed expense status *Prepare clear and concise project documentation, including progress reports, meeting minutes and final deliverables *Proactively analyze project progress data, identifying potential deviations from aims and suggesting corrective actions to ensure successful delivery
4. Project Finance Management: *Monitor the grant budget, track all expenditures, reconcile financial data and process financial transactions in accordance with funding agency guidelines and institutional policies *Initiate administrative expense paperwork or purchase orders. Ensure that expenses are accurately recorded, processed and approved in a timely manner, in compliance with university policies and procedures *Facilitate the negotiation and establishment of contracts, subcontracts and other agreements with external partners and collaborators and in consultation with the College of Health and Office of Research & Sponsored Programs *Provide guidance to faculty investigators on financial management policies, procedures and reporting requirements *Facilitate the timely submission of progress reports, financial statements and other post-award activities
5. Collaboration and Engagement: *Ensure meetings run smoothly and effectively, help to manage productivity of the team with clear action items and deadlines *Motivate and empower team members to achieve individual and project goals *Negotiate and create contracts with various external collaborators, from industry partners to non-profit organizations
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing an accommodation for any part of the interview or hiring process may contact Lehigh's Accommodations Specialist at [email protected]
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
Bachelor's Degree in related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience; Master's Degree preferred
One to three years of related work experience
Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
Proven success working with all levels of management
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excellent presentation skills
Certification in Project Management a plus
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.