The Assistant Director of Housing Services oversees facilities management and life safety which directly affects the quality of student life for those graduate students living on campus. The Assistant Director will also manage all administrative and operational functions within University housing. This position assists in managing student billing for all graduate housing. The Assistant Director administers all aspects of the graduate housing process. The Assistant Director serves as a liaison to a variety of offices and partners across Lehigh's campus. The Assistant Director serves as the off-campus housing representative for Residential Services. In addition, the Assistant Director participates in various Housing Services projects and campus wide initiatives. Support for professional development opportunities will be provided and is strongly encouraged. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Oversees Facilities Management and Life Safety *Continuously evaluate facilities and services which directly affect the quality of student life in all residential facilities *Assist in inspecting and prioritizing maintenance projects and monitor work orders in residential areas including summer projects and capital project upgrades *Educate students, student leadership, parents and alumni regarding stewardship, safety, security issues *Conduct routine walkthroughs and inspections of residential areas to ensure facilities are clean and well-maintained *Coordinate life safety inspections, fire drills, meetings, programs and conduct cases in graduate residential areas with respect to University Guidelines *Oversee policy development and enforcement in graduate housing areas including adjudicating lease violation cases
2. Oversee all aspects of marketing, technology and billing for graduate housing *Utilize THD housing software to assist in managing student billing in residential areas including student damage billing, room assignments and charges, security deposits and other charges *Manage all graduate housing assignments, roommate agreements and transfer requests *Manage the graduate housing website *Create and distribute all marketing materials for graduate housing *Adjudicate graduate housing lease violations *Utilize reports in all systems for data analysis
3. Oversee all aspects of the Graduate housing administrative duties including lottery and move-in process *Create marketing materials and advertise for graduate housing lottery *Develop, maintain and update graduate housing application for current and new students *Coordinate housing turnovers with Facilities Services and third party vendors *Educate students and families regarding the Bursar billing process *Provide direction to students regarding housing openings, apartment types, move-in logistics and waiting list options *Advise and sign leases with students in accordance with the General Provisions for Student Occupancy
4. Responsible for off-campus housing initiatives *Represent residential services in any off-campus housing committees or events *Manage the off-campus housing website *Present programs and training sessions on off-campus housing to students, student leaders and alumni *Educate students, student leaders, staff, parents, landlords and alumni on off-campus resources *Create and distribute all marketing materials for off campus housing *Campus liaison to our third party rental property vendor
5. Participate in various Housing Services projects and campus-wide initiatives *Serve as a Housing Services liaison to a variety of campus offices including Bursar Office, Conference Services, Dining Services, Facilities Services, Graduate Colleges, Graduate Life Office, IDEAL Office, Office of International Affairs, LTS, Parking Services, Registrar and Transportation Services *Serve as a Housing Services liaison to vendors and contractors as needed *Assist Executive Director of Student Auxiliary Services with evaluation, assessment and analysis of the residential dining program on campus by accompanying students to various dining facilities and soliciting feedback from individual students and student groups regarding food quality, customer service, hours of operation, overall satisfaction, special programs offered, etc. *Participate in lunch duty and weekend on-call rotation as well as position search committees *Assist with technology advances, training and supervision of intern and student staff, housing lottery, housing selection and sustainability initiatives *Assist all housing services staff including but not limited to departmental projects, openings and closing of all residential buildings, advising student leadership and presenting educational programs *Other duties as assigned
Position Number: S78610
Grade: 8-40; $44,820-$53,790
This is an approximate range and is subject to change based on experience, skills and qualifications.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing an accommodation for any part of the interview or hiring process may contact Lehigh's Accommodations Specialist at [email protected]
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communication, Education, Marketing, or a related field
One to three years of related work experience
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience planning and coordinating events
Strong project management skills and accountability in meeting deadlines and juggling multiple projects
Experience marketing strategies
Experience collecting and using data to prepare reports
Experience developing and overseeing departmental services
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.