At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
This position assists in coordinating and managing services and operations for dual enrollment programs at FCC. This specialist serves as a primary resource for students, community partners, FCC staff, high school administrators, dual enrollment adjuncts, as well as the general public. The specialist reports to the Director of Dual Enrollment and High School Partnerships and works collaboratively to ensure college compliance with the Maryland College and Career Readiness and College Completion Act of 2013 and the Blueprint for Maryland's Future. This position will work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Coordinate with Director of Dual Enrollment and High School Partnerships and FCPS Coordinator for Dual Enrollment on events and materials designed to promote the dual enrollment programs: Early College, Open Campus, and High School Based dual enrollment.
2. Coordinate, analyze, and develop strategies to optimize recruitment and enrollment of potential students to include, but not limited to, parent and student information sessions, activities fairs, surveys, and brochures on a regular basis.
3. Design and promote dual enrollment resources and services to students, faculty, and staff through various print, digital, and social media.
4. Assist the Director of Dual Enrollment and High School Partnerships with dual enrollment data collection and analysis, budget management, and strategic planning.
5. Represent FCC and the Office of Dual Enrollment through dual enrollment presentations to state and community partners regarding data, trends, program development, and strategic planning.
6. Recommend, develop, and implement policies and procedures regarding dual enrollment.
7. Participate as a member of the FCC/FCPS Executive Steering Committee.
8. Coordinate the on-boarding and acceptance process for applicants to the Early College Program.
9. Collaborate with FCPS Coordinator for Dual Enrollment, school counselors and administrators to ensure that all Early College students follow a pathway of courses that will meet Maryland high school graduation requirements.
10. Provide academic advising and support services, including degree audit and curricular requirements, academic policies, workshops, social events, and application of College academic probation policies for all Early College students.
11. Coordinate the course registration for Early College each semester.
12. Serve as a liaison between Early College students and administrators, instructors, counselors, and other appropriate staff at both FCC and FCPS.
13. Visit and recruit prospective Early College at FCPS high schools for FCC programs by building awareness and attracting new students to campus.
14. Maintain compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and demonstrate a working knowledge of the law, and ability to interpret the policies and law, and act as a resource for the College.
15. Perform other duties as assigned based upon program demographics, enrollment trends, and the needs of target populations.
16. Initiate regular check-ins with Early College students throughout each semester to monitor academic progress and address any issues.
17. Guide Early College students through the college application process for four-year institutions during their final year of Early College.
18. Connect Early College students with appropriate resources on campus and advocate for them when necessary.
Salary: $59,889 - $63,538 annually
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.