Cushman and Wakefield is looking for an experienced individual to join their team as the Client Accounting Manager.
Responsible for general accounting function within the finance team responsible for CRE. Monthly, Qtr and YTD financial reporting for management, commentary, annual budget, forecasting, account entries, prepaid amortizations, accruals, account reconciliations SOC2 compliance and general ledger maintenance within the ERP system. Supervise a team of three accountants, with manager providing the oversight for procedures, financial controls, process improvements, identifying problem areas or process gaps and providing expertise and initiative to create and manage solutions to completion. Requires sound technical skills and solid judgment to provide leadership within the accounting team.
This role incorporates like for like responsibility for a diverse range of portfolios from large to small, and will also focus on governance and controls, ensuring account commercials are well understood with a strong focus on risk management and mitigation.
Your main responsibilities:
* Provide accounting expertise for CRE related activities such as ASC 842/840 lease accounting, accounting entries (accruals, reclass, amortizations, etc.)
* Provide leadership, initiative and independent direction for team of 3 accountants and ensure compliance, documentation, procedures and GAAP accounting is all done within professional standards.
* Create, review, analyze, and communicate financial results monthly for CRE function leadership including commentary for key drivers against approved budgets
* Manage, direct and complete month end close, interacting with accounts payable team, fixed asset team and lease administration team.
* Prepare ad hoc financial reporting for capital projects, clients, or business units, as needed.
* Ensure books and financials are in accordance with GAAP and other required accounting standards.
* Manage and coordinate with project managers, the fixed asset team and general accounting regarding capital projects to ensure items are properly capitalized, depreciation is forecasted and fixed asset policies are followed.
* Provide assistance with audits from internal audit or outside audits such as unions or tax authorities to provide information and records.
* Research and analyze complex accounting issues.
* Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and bring inconsistencies, problems, and recommendations to the attention of management.
* Direct Facility Managers or Business Unit leaders through the preparation of their annual budgets.
* Contribute to operational and process improvements.
* Perform special projects as assigned
* Probably most important to success in this role is the ability to identify inefficient or incorrect business processes, formulate a solution by consulting multiple stakeholders, develop a plan for remediation and seeing it through to completion.
* Manager must be able to prioritize, delegate and make effective use of the entire team. Critical skill is developing and engaging a team to get the work done effectively.
* Very strong customer service mindset and the ability to have difficult conversations, work through challenging issues and maintain positive relationships at all times with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the company.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 7-10 years of accounting experience. Supervisory accounting or finance role for 3-5 years.
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or advanced degree (MBA) preferred but not required.
* Experience with Commercial Real Estate with a large company including lease accounting or lease administration exposure.
* Experience creating an annual budget within a large entity consisting of hundreds of individual properties that requires consolidation, review and data management.
* Must have strong prioritization skills, be able to develop and lead a small team, feel comfortable taking initiative, identifying improvements areas, develop solutions as a project team to satisfy multiple stakeholders and drive improvements to completion to deliver results.
* Fully proficient in MS Excel at an advanced level, experience with Yardi, Costar, Peoplesoft, Essbase and other ERP systems a plus.
We are looking for a well experienced individual with a strong background in not only accounting and finance, but team management and regular, positive stakeholder engagement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leading real estate consultancy, managing a brilliant team of individuals constantly striving for positive client relationships and company growth.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email [email protected]. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
Work for the Best in the Industry - make your next move here!
Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm. As a leader in multifamily property management, we deliver exceptional value through tailored solutions that create efficient and engaging communities. Our passionate approach, strong operational practices and high-performing teams unlock every property’s ability to provide residents with a place they can truly call home.