To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
If you require any auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations to apply for employment, or for an interview, at Michigan Technological University, please notify the Human Resources office at 906-487-2280 or [email protected].
Job Description Summary
Michigan Tech’s Slate Enrollment Analyst will work under the direction of the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management to engage, support, and optimize enrollment management’s use of Slate CRM. This position will creatively problem solve and integrate Slate throughout Admissions, Financial Aid, and Educational Outreach. This role requires a cross-functional and collaborative instincts, and intrinsic enhancements to existing - and new - functionality. The individual will ensure seamless interactions for prospective students by optimizing Slate processes, and will wholeheartedly support integrating the University's with Slate to support the future growth vision for Michigan Tech.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
● Collaborate with the admissions, financial aid, and educational outreach personnel to create, improve, and maintain processes within the admissions CRM (Slate). ● Support quality control processes within enrollment management, particularly with the undergraduate admissions application cycle. ● Perform day-to-day support and maintenance, work with a functional team to maintain and develop solutions to complex problems in Slate, and coordinate support and development efforts within the other IT teams on campus (SAIS and EAS). Maintain and enhance various aspects of the Slate system including events, communications, file evaluation, and others. ● Work collaboratively with other IT teams (SAIS and EAS) to assist with building, managing, and maintaining integrations between the admissions CRM and other software systems (e.g. Banner/Ellucian). ● Build a deep understanding of our existing admissions processes and procedures. Meet with system stakeholders to establish system expectations and document requirements. ● When necessary, assist with troubleshooting and updating reports and queries within the admissions CRM. ● Coordinate and perform admissions and financial aid cycle prep and other necessary software maintenance including the ensuring all admissions processes are accurately and fully integrated with Slate, and setting up any large scholarship applications well in advance of of cycle kick off. ● Stay current with new best practices and features in Slate. ● Manage access for key stakeholders. ● Validate and monitor data for discrepancies ● Create more seamless access to real time data for Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management and Vice President for University Relations and Enrollment. ● All other duties as assigned.
● One year of related professional work experience in IT, user experience, CRM management, or similar. ● One year experience in business and database analysis, query development, reporting, and development of analytical reports. ● Experience using personal computer and software packages including advanced features of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ● Excellent attention to detail ● Proven ability to solve problems using logic and reasoning ● Proven ability to collaborate with other in cross functional teams ● Proven ability to communicate technical information to a variety of key stakeholders ● Proven ability to stay organized and complete important tasks accurately and on-time.
Desirable Education and/or Experience
● Previous experience working with higher education student data systems such as Banner and/or Slate ● Extensive knowledge of Google Workspace and the entire Microsoft Office Suite. ● Exposure to an undergraduate or graduate admissions process ● Exposure to an undergraduate financial aid process ● Experience with process development
● Strong project management and research skills. ● Strong computing, analytical and reasoning skills; well-organized and results-oriented. ● Excellent oral/written communication, customer interaction, and interpersonal skills ● Demonstrated ability to be highly self-motivated and work independently without direct supervision ● Proven competence in managing multiple tasks and competing priorities ● Demonstrated ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed, including nights and occasional weekends ● Possession of a valid driver's license and demonstrated ability to comply with Michigan Tech vehicle-use requirements ● Demonstrated commitment to contribute to a safe work environment
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
● Demonstrated knowledge of Michigan Technological University and/or University procedures ● Ability to analyze, synthesize, and present data that informs decisions and action ● Demonstrated knowledge of admissions and recruiting processes and cycles.
Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following 4 required trainings; additional training may be required by the department.
Required University Training:
Employee Safety Overview
Anti-Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation Training
Annual Data Security Training
Annual Title IX Training
Offers of employment are contingent upon and not considered finalized until the required background check has been performed and the results received and assessed.
Other Conditions of Employment:
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. Visa sponsorship is unavailable at this time. This is not an E-Verified Position.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities
Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) % (1=100%)
Negotiable. No less than $47,000.
Title of Position Supervisor
Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management
Our scope is international. Our approach interdisciplinary. We work at the intersections of communication, composition, literature, modern languages, philosophy, rhetoric, visual studies, linguistics, gender studies, and technical communication. Our students develop the communicative, analytic, and cultural knowledge to thrive in all aspects of their future lives.Applications from women and BIPOC scholars are highly encouraged by both the department and the institution. Michigan Tech is building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from all individuals.