Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The Administrative Manager, Operations & Initiatives is a position within the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Core, a highly collaborative and strategic department that creates, guides, and executes the strategic DEI plan for the Fred Hutch Cancer Center. The DEI Core is led by the Vice President and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, and currently has several other professionals engaged in DEI practice.
Reporting to the Director, DEI Coaching, Client Services, & Culture, the Administrative Manager monitors and manages the day-to-day operations of the office and advances processes and tools to ensure the highest quality of service execution in alignment with Fred Hutch core values and the strategic vision of the Vice President and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer. The position works primarily on campus, with option of working from home 1 or 2 days each week.
- Supervision of 2 direct reports
- DEI Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Manages all office operations, including budget preparation, monitoring actual against budget variances, development and maintenance of internal SOPs, records retention and document management systems and practices, vendor relations, leave and payroll issues, information technology support, human resource processes, fiscal operations, and administrative processes
- Serves as DEI liaison to all employee resource groups and DEI affiliates, including overall guidance, charter development, and logistical oversight of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)/Affinity Groups (AGs), including employee engagement frameworks, scheduling, budgeting reconciliation, and internal web presence updates.
- Supports VPCDIO development of strategic plan and annual report, including drafting, editing and working with Data Analyst on data compilation.
- Develops, maintains, and administers on- and off-boarding process for departing DEI staff, aligned with VPCDIO's and direct supervisor's vision and objectives.
- Serves as DEI Core liaison to Office of Faculty Affairs, including Eddie Mendez Symposium
- Serves as DEI Core internal lead on Public Art & Community Dialogue initiative
- Serve as the representative of the DEI Core on institutional committees and task forces as assigned, showing up as a consistent and reliable, well-informed, and skilled DEI practitioner, and collaborative colleague
- Engage in ongoing and relevant professional development activities appropriate to this position
- Provides administrative and program development support to the department as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Professional experience may substitute for educational requirement.
- 3 plus years of supervisory experience
- Strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion as principles and practices.
- Demonstrated experience with project management, tracking tools, process improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, contributing to the execution of multiple projects without independent ownership
- Commitment to building and sustaining inclusive work environments and ability to model effective team member skills, including active listening, healthy conflict resolution skills, respect, accountability and collaboration, and avoidance of gossip, cliques and sabotaging behaviors
- Strong technical and organizational skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-changing environment, anticipating departmental needs and direction.
- Experience in a healthcare or research environment.
- Highly collaborative and agile in supporting the administrative and process development and execution needs of a fast-changing department.
- Certifications in project management.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with exceptions only for approved medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must, prior to their first day of employment: Provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ; ORInitiate the accommodations process to request a religious or medical accommodation (medical accommodations require a healthcare provider's certification).
Please include a DEI statement in your application.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $90,382 to $135,574 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at [email protected]
or by calling 206-667-4700.