The Community College of Rhode Island is New England's largest community college, and a nationally-recognized leader in catalyzing student success and achievement for recent high school graduates and returning adults alike.
We provide affordable, open access to higher education, and we deliver on our mission to offer all students the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth.
Diversity is our strength. We champion equity, and we celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff whose demographics are reflective of our diverse student body. To learn more about our employees' values and what it means to work here, learn about our Guiding Principles here.
Posting Details > Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply for this position:
· Complete CCRI's online application, and attach a cover letter and resume by the closing date.
· If attaching a resume complete with education history and/or employment history, please disregard these sections within the online application.
· Please include the contact information for three (3) references within the application.
· Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
· Please note that all RI Council of Postsecondary Education employees (i.e., full- and part-time faculty and non-classified employees) must be fully vaccinated and boosted when eligible. Learn more about CCRI's vaccination policy here.
Please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311 (TTY: 401-825-2313) if you require assistance with the online application process.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to CCRI's Title IX Coordinator at [email protected]
The Clery Act requires colleges and universities to report campus crime data, support victims of violence, and publicly outline the policies and procedures they have put into place to improve campus safety.
Lead a customer service focused team providing end-user support across the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide strategic leadership, planning and vision for the college's customer/end-user support functions that include the Help Desk, User Support and inventory management.
· Provide leadership for the Help Desk, Desktop Services, and Classroom Support areas.
· Partner with appropriate college academic departments, administrative departments, college leadership, students, IT management team, strategic vendors and other off-campus organizations to define and establish goals, priorities and operational and strategic plans for providing support that meets the college's current and future needs. Oversee the onsite and remote installation, maintenance, and operation of all public computing facilities and labs.
· Develop and manage a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) program for planning and evaluating customer/end-user technology, asset acquisition and technology retirement.
· Oversee the management and operation of Information Technology customer/end-user support systems.
· Coordinate the development and review of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with other Information Technology functional areas and key customer groups to establish realistic expectations; and continually increase customer satisfaction within budget and other college constraints.
· Develop and administer an IT quality monitoring and improvement function that identifies, collects, analyzes, measures and reports IT service delivery data against published service level agreements.
· Implement innovative staffing, scheduling and self-service models to provide superior customer support coverage within budget constraints.
· Oversee the evaluation, purchase, maintenance, support and inventory management of college owned and supported end-user software and hardware.
· Act as a change agent to introduce new technologies utilizing creative and organized approaches.
· Participate in college committees and working groups to promote best practice use of information technology in administration and instruction.
· Collaborate with other IT groups to ensure high quality service and successful project implementations.
· Respond to technical emergencies outside of normal working hours as needed.
· Recommend applications, equipment, support strategies, and training programs.
· Stays current with customer/end-user technology, applications, and administrative and academic trends in higher education technology.
· Other related duties as required.
· Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Business or a related field with five years of related experience required.
· Experienced and innovative customer service focused technology manager with a demonstrated record of leadership, problem solving, staff development and knowledge of project management methodologies.
· Knowledge and experience developing and deploying IT service management tools, service level agreements and best practices to align IT services with business needs.
· Knowledge and experience evaluating, deploying and managing Help Desk systems that support ticket management, self-service/automation and reporting/optimization.
· Knowledge and experience managing remote desktop management tools and technology to remotely support customer/end-user technology, schedule software distribution, patch management and hardware/software inventory management.
· Demonstrated experience in the development of technical documentation, support web sites, and technology training programs is required.
· Knowledge of teaching techniques and the use of technology in higher education instruction is required.
· Ability to work collaboratively across the college and effectively communicate verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Ability to monitor and report service level compliance and promote quality achievement and performance improvement across the department.
· Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are required.
· Excellent supervisory skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team is required.
· Master's degree preferably in Computer Science, Business or a related field with three years of related experience preferred. · Experience teaching at the college level is preferred.
Campus Location: Initially located at the Warwick Campus
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications may not be accepted after the closing date.
Some roles will require finalists to provide official college transcripts and proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College's commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College's Title IX Coordinator at: [email protected]
The Community College of Rhode Island is the states only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population. We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses. We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential. To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html