Nardone Consulting Group, Inc. (NCG) - Association Management Company
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Discussed in hiring process
4 Year Degree
Nardone Consulting Group, Inc. (NCG) is an association and event management firm that provides 501c3 and 501c6 non-profits with strategic leadership, management, event management and administrative services…and has a lot of fun doing it! These services include coordination and management in the areas of membership, marketing, communications, event/conferences, sponsorship sales and fulfillment, exhibits, virtual conferences, webinar execution, strategic planning and administrative support.
The Senior Association Manager role at NCG is an opportunity to lead and support 2-3 impactful professional or trade associations to have a greater influence on their profession or make a stronger mark on their industry. You will be working with a designated team of NCG association management professionals to support your associations’ leaders and volunteers in their efforts to advance their association’s mission and vision. You will lead your team in understanding your association’s governance, committee goals and annual objectives. As Managing Director of these 2-3 associations, you are responsible for association partner day-to-day deliverables.
The position reports to the Director of Operations at NCG and is accountable to assigned associations for achievement of contracted objectives and services.
Responsibilities & Key Duties:
The ideal candidate has strong visionary execution, project management, volunteer management, communications and marketing background with a desire to expand his or her skill set. While serving as the association’s operational “hub,” some important specific responsibilities include:
• Cultivate growth of the associations and their relationships with NCG.
• Develop and manage an operational plan for each association and NCG team of professionals.
• Strong understanding of financial reports, being able to interpret key elements important to leadership and non-profit management.
• Leadership of the Board of Directors, including all Board management functions; internal accountability for progress; and management of nominations and elections processes.
• Oversee all aspects of operations, including staff leadership, supervision, and management.
• Oversee development and implementation of a comprehensive communications and membership recruitment, retention and engagement strategy.
• Schedule and prepare for Executive and Board of Directors meetings.
• Leader cultivation and committee management, including facilitation and assistance in coordinating volunteers of committees and interest groups as well as developing ideas for activities and education. • Coordinate volunteers and NCG team members to manage all contracted event services, such as annual conferences, webinars, e-Learning activities, etc.
• Oversee membership marketing, communications, benefits and services to enhance member experiences for association partners.
• Serve as primary point of contact for all external relationships.
• Develop/execute on event strategies and designs for association.
• Financial oversight including trend analysis, monitoring and reporting on performance as compared to prior year and budget, internal invoice approval, monthly review of financial statements, annual drafting of budget.
• Manage the overall operations of the association, including governance, strategic planning and the development and execution of business and operational plans.
• Effectively manage NCG team resources to remain within contracted scope of services.
• Manage and/or mentor designated NCG professionals assigned to the association partner support, including providing performance feedback, work direction, etc.
• Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements, including tax filings, legal obligations, national organization requirements, financial policies, and bylaws.
Personal Traits and Characteristics:
• Great interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
• Conflict management and problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented mentality.
• Effective written and oral communicator with peers, managers, subordinates, and with volunteers.
• Progressive, innovative and creative, with skill to articulate and execute on these ideas.
• Attitude of lifelong learning, with a growth-oriented mindset and an aptitude and willingness for self-directed learning.
• Attitude of embracing new tools, technologies, procedures, etc. with a genuine interest in learning development.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• CAE designation (preferred)
• Five or more years of non-profit management experience with proven success in one or more of the functional areas (financial, communications, volunteer management, event management, governance, operations, marketing, etc.)
• Experience with association management software (AMS) preferred
• Ability to travel up to 15% domestically and internationally
• Proven success in project management with excellent attention to detail, organization and budget/financial management.
• A writing sample may be required before or after interviewing.
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• Paid Holidays
Think we should chat? Send your resume to [email protected] and we'll continue the conversation.
About Nardone Consulting Group, Inc. (NCG) - Association Management Company
At NCG, our mission is to provide the best partnership-based association and event management services to our non-profit stakeholders and their members through proactive actions and industry best practices by a dedicated team of professionals.
Our vision is to provide a first-class association and event management excellence through proactive professionalism, with a dash of candor and humor.
We pledge to provide distinctive quality and unparalleled customer service while building relationships with our clients, including their members, leaders, and sponsors.