Assistant Director - Iacocca International Internship Program
Internal Number: 501992
The Assistant Director will lead and support the Iacocca International Internship Program and other international internship opportunities that fall outside the realm of traditional Study Abroad. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Student advising and enrollment (25%) *Advise students throughout their participation in the Iacocca International Internship Program *Prepares List of Internship Opportunities in MoveOn (complete portfolio) for student review *Guide selected interns through the acceptance procedures and paperwork including but not limited to airfare, visa requirements, university agreements, host organization introductions and housing *Support students through the iiPATH curriculum *Event Management and Outreach - Support the Director in program presentations consisting of approximately eight full-group sessions and several small-group sessions (January – May) *Track students’ activities and progress via CourseSite (January - September)
2. Program Administration (30%) *Make program recommendations based on Standards of Best Practice in the field of International Education *Program Development - Assist the Director in creating and vetting new internship placements *Review and process invoices from host organizations, stipends for students and declining-balance cards for student meal allowances *Reconcile and balance individual accounts *Provide support in the development, review and distribution of all IIIP reports and statistics *Ensure technological effectiveness and efficiency for the application and selection process *Activate the approval system on Students through the Dean of Students Office (DOS); work with the DOS on individual student cases; work with the Bursar and other offices as needed *Manage the transfer-credit process for students who participate in a 3-credit bearing internship *Track and share all legal agreements
3. Administers enrollment and data management. (20%) *Manage the collection, tracking and flow of all student applications and supporting documentation; 1,000+ documents received during the application process and another large batch upon acceptance *Provide pertinent information to Study Abroad Office including enrollment sheets and health information
4. Relationship Development & Management. (10%) *Develop and nurture new and existing IIIP partnerships, including host organizations, program providers and campus partners *Develop relations with Lehigh Alumni overseas for purposes of re-engagement with Lehigh through hosting Iacocca Interns
5. Marketing. (5%) *Manage internship marketing and website updates, including organizing and delivering general presentations and information tables on campus throughout the semester *Facilitate Iacocca Intern showcase sessions annually *Support campus-wide recruitment efforts, ensuring direct reach out to all target student populations *Collect and consolidate student feedback for the annual IIIP Student Report
6. Contribute to the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and/or participate in other Lehigh Committees (5%) *Get involved, contribute to the greater good and realize professional development by participating in current initiatives, such as OIA's Diversity Taskforce; and other opportunities as they arise
7. Incident Manager for Crisis Management (5%) - *Several weeks of on-call duty, mostly during the summer months, is required *Respond to calls from Police dispatch and document all information *Considering the issue at hand, make rational decisions on how to best proceed and with whom and when to communicate *Collaborate with the Office of International Students and Scholars and insurance company as needed *Communicate overview and next steps of the process to appropriate parties *Debrief the situation with the rest of the Crisis Management Team
Position Number: S98720
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
This position works with minors
This position is funded by soft dollars; there is no severance associated with this position
Bachelor's Degree in International Education or related field; Master's degree preferred
Three to five years related work experience
Supervisory experience preferred
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds and functions to achieve shared goals
Strong project management skills and accountability in meeting deadlines and juggling multiple projects
Solid writing ability, attention to detail and organizational skills
Solid computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot six months after their second vaccine; unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.