Emergency Veterinarian: VECCS 2, AAHA, Fear Free, Cat Friendly
All Pets Animal Hospital & @ 24 Hour Emergency Care
Location: Katy, Texas
Type: Full Time
Required Education: DVM or equivalent
Salary: $130-145K base + 24%prod.comm
In addition to generous competitive base salary, a high market production commission is paid based on revenue production. Our doctors working full time typically should earn between $175,000 to $200,000 plus benefits. Signing bonus $15,000 plus moving expense reimbursement.
Generous CE, health, disability insurance, all dues/licenses/DEA paid, uniforms and costs
DVM or equivalent
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
· Are you searching for a practice position that will be a fun, positive place to come to work where you can be part of a team committed to offering their best to every pet, client and coworker Do you value time off and work life balance
· Do you value continually advancing your skills as a practitioner such learning global fast scan ultrasound, or abdominal ultrasound or echocardiography?
· Is mentoring important to you as a new or even experienced veterinarian
· Do you want to treat exotics, or learn more and put your knowledge to use
· Do you value 24-hour care for your patients, excellent customer service, and being part of a team passionate about working together to provide this level of care
· Are Fear Free and Cat Friendly standards important to you
All Pets Animal Hospital & 24 Hour Emergency Care is seeking an associate who is highly motivated, compassionate, has excellent teamwork and communication skills, as well as the drive and ambition to be an exceptional practitioner.
Our focus is on challenging and helping our associates to help them become the best veterinarians they can be. New associates will be mentored by our hospital owner, senior veterinarians, hospital administrator, practice manager, zone team leaders, and on-call board certified specialists. We believe it is our responsibility to share our clinical and business experience and guide each new member of our professional staff to help them excel. Whether a doctor is a new graduate or has years of experience, we will tailor our mentoring support program to fit their needs.
We welcome and encourage ideas for improvement from both new and experienced veterinarians because we know our associates have tremendous talent and ideas to offer. We know together everyone accomplishes more.
We offer a supportive, positive work culture where we always try to help each other improve.
We pay for continuing education opportunities for associates in many areas such as exotics, ultrasound, dentistry, emergency and critical care, endoscopy, and advanced surgery, and rehabilitation services. We see dogs, cats, exotics, pet pigs, backyard poultry, pet ruminants, and FFA livestock.
Our team is passionate about excellence in not only routine and advanced care, but also in providing 24 hour on-site emergency care. Our team of DVM’s choose either day shifts or after hours shifts averaging about 40 to 45 clinical hours a week. This shared schedule prevents burnout and supports work/life balance, which is very important to us.
We are located in Katy, TX, a gorgeous, award-winning community, which provides numerous activities and opportunities for young professionals and their families, and we are just 20 miles west of Houston which further expands cultural and personal opportunities. Our clinic is very involved in the community and there will be opportunities for new associates to participate many worthwhile activities such as community education, charity, pro-bono, and rescue work.
We offer above market compensation with generous base salary plus production commission with a guarantee, we will assist in relocation costs, health/disability/life insurance, 100% reimbursement for DEA, licensing, CE, VIN, malpractice, uniforms, and all other business related expenses.
All Pets Animal Hospital and 24 Hour Emergency Care Information:
· AAHA Accredited since 1995 with 100% scores in most areas and in excellent range in all areas.
Veterinary Critical Care Society Level II Accredited
· 10 Veterinarians and looking to add 11th to our ER team.
· Board Certified Specialist Support/Telemedicine – 24 Hours in critical care and exotic practice
· All digital images reviewed by boarded specialist 24/7.
· 24 Hour on site Emergency Care
· 10 exam rooms in a Veterinary Economics award winning facility.
· Additional 10th exam room for isolation with separate entry outside building and separate isolation ward.
· Cat Friendly Gold Accredited Practice and All DVMs and Team Leaders are Fear Free Certified
· Digital imaging, real time ultrasound, endoscope, carbon dioxide laser surgery unit, full in-house lab
· Rehabilitation Services – Class IV laser, massage, water treadmill, PRP., DVM Certified as CCRT by Canine Rehabilitation Institute. 3 DVMS certified in acupuncture.
· Located in an comfortable suburb but only 20 minutes from Houston.
· Excellent support staff
· Please check out our website www.apah24.com
License in good standing to practice veterinary medicine in Texas. (note: if license in good standing in another state, then fairly simple process to get license to practice in Texas)
Belief and support of our practice core values: do the right thing, wow service, compassion, learning, teamwork, respect, and FUN.
About All Pets Animal Hospital & @ 24 Hour Emergency Care
Job Description All Pets Animal Hospital and 24 Hour Emergency Care is a rapidly growing, bond-centered, AAHA , Cat Friendly Gold, small animal, avian and exotic, emergency, rehabilitation and fitness, and house-call veterinary practice located in Katy, Texas, 20 miles west of Houston. All of our doctors are Fear Free Level III certified and we are striving to be Fear Free Accredited by fourth quarter 2022. We are Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society Level II Accredited. Dr. Choyce is certified by the Canine Rehabilitation Institute as a CCRT (rehabilitation), and CVAT (acupunture) . We also have two other doctors certified in acupuncture. . We offer grooming, and boarding services. We have a new modern facility built in March of 2011, which is a 2012 Veterinary Economic Merit Award winning facility. We also received the Greater Houston Better Business Bureau Award for Excellence annually since 2013. In 2020, our hospital founder, co-owner, and medical director, Dr. Pat Choyce, entered a joint venture partnership with Lakefield Veterinary Group (www.lakefieldvet.com) to dramatically expand the practice potential and create more opportunity for his team. More inf...ormation can be found on our web site www.apah24.com. Feel free to contact Dr. Pat Choyce at [email protected], 281-392-7387 (work), or 713-299-4533 (cell/text)