Join the team that provides the technical foundation of Lehigh's fundraising and alumni engagement endeavors. Systems Specialists perform a blend of project and operational work including scripting, programming, database queries, interfaces and system integration. We are currently embarking on the implementation of a new CRM system that will be used department-wide by over 100 individuals. Apply now to help shape a major system that will benefit Lehigh for years to come! The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Provide front line support for the information systems utilized in advancement operations at Lehigh University *Manage incoming tickets in the customer support system *Respond to requests in a timely manner *Collect information about users problems *Effectively guide non-technical users through the issue resolution process *Provide excellent communication to non-technical users through written, graphical, verbal and in person communications *Refer issues to other areas as appropriate *Create and maintain documentation relevant to team responsibilities
2. Utilize, support and promote the use of the Advancement Stem's information systems *Assist and advise Advancement Stem users on the best practices for using information systems to achieve their goals *Utilize vendor provided user interfaces, Oracle SQL (at an intermediate to advanced level), programming languages and ETL tools (primarily Pentaho) to maintain data as identified by Advancement Services management *Ensure the data integrity of information systems *Participate in the testing of information systems upgrades *Provide information systems subject matter expertise to the Training and Project Management teams as needed *Serve as a liaison between Advancement Stem users and vendors of information systems *Assist in identifying new information systems as determined by Advancement Services Management
3. Develop and maintain integrations between internal and external information systems and repositories to combine the data stored in those information systems *Utilize vendor provided APIs, Oracle SQL (at an intermediate to advanced level), programming languages, and ETL tools (primarily Pentaho) to develop and maintain information systems integrations and data repositories *Ensure the integrity of data as it moves between information systems and comes to rest in data repositories *Monitor information systems integrations and data repositories for errors and respond to resolve issues *Identify new opportunities for information systems integrations and data repositories
4. Effectively manage a mix of project and operational work *Appropriately prioritize a large volume of multiple requests, projects, issues, etc. *Adapt to changing priorities based on a fast moving dynamic environment *Independently manage projects as determined by Advancement Services Management *Collect the needs of stakeholders at various levels and positions within the organization *Effectively communicate project status and issues to Management *Meet project deadlines
5. Support and collaborate with a diverse University community *Maintain excellent relations between Advancement Services, the Advancement Stem and the Lehigh Community *Serve as the liaison for information between Advancement and other Lehigh Stems, Colleges, Offices, Departments, etc. *Serve as the liaison for enterprise technology issues between Advancement and Library and Technology Services *Maintain excellent intra-team relationships *Collaborate with team members as necessary with a focus on maximizing available time and resources *Serve as a backup to Information Specialists for day to day operations *Occasionally volunteer to support other teams in the Advancement Stem
6. Maintain proficiency in the information systems and technologies used by the Advancement Stem *Monitor relevant publications, web sites and listservs to keep up to date on information systems, technology, fundraising trends and other professional development topics relevant to advancement operations *Attend conferences and professional groups to keep up to date on information systems, technology, fundraising trends and other professional development topics relevant to advancement operations *Attend training, including training offered internally at Lehigh and by the Advancement Stem, to keep up to date on information systems, technology, fundraising trends and other professional development topics relevant to advancement operations *Proactively maintain knowledge and expertise in the latest information systems features, SQL, Oracle, relational database concepts, systems integration concepts, relevant programming languages, relevant internet protocols, relevant APIs and other technologies utilized in advancement operations
Position Number: S99130
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years of related work experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Strong organizational skills and accountability in meeting deadlines and juggling multiple projects
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Programming knowledge of SQL, Oracle, relational database concepts, systems integration concepts, relevant programming languages, relevant internet protocols and relevant APIs
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot six months after their second vaccine; unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.