Help lead health care into the future. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, caring for people is at the core of all we do.?? We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.?? If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? you belong at Banner Health.??
Innovation and highly trained staff. Our Information Technology professionals at Banner Health are utilizing cutting edge technology to change health care for the better. We are recognized for 100 best places to work in IT; ??recognized nationally for visionary work, and health partners to help fill in-demand biomed tech jobs.
The Chief Data Officer (CDO) is responsible for leading and guiding the enterprise on the data vision, strategy, and delivery ecosystem that facilitates the secure collection and processing of data.?? Establishes a culture that normalizes sharing this data and making informed decisions on how to improve future business outcomes. Coordinates data streams for subject matter experts in; Population health, care utilization and care management, quality, clinical care, strategy, Planning and Marketing, Insurance contracting strategy, Research & Academic Medicine.?? Evolve the data platform and develop extended capabilities in data science, data engineering, business intelligence, and strategic analysis to drive the continuous business growth.Envisions and defines our information assets, develops and executes the strategic roadmap to ensure data is well managed and appropriately available to stakeholders. These stakeholders include a broad coalition of significant healthcare industry partners within the organization.?? ??Health care experience is highly preferable.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package to include annual bonus, relocation, retirement plans, leadership time off, ??wellness benefits for you and your family, plus excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
We offer a competitive compensation package to include annual bonus, relocation, retirement plans, leadership time off, ??wellness benefits for you and your family, plus excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for leading the Banner data vision, strategy, and delivery ecosystem that facilitates the secure collection and processing of data and establishes a culture that normalizes sharing this data and making informed decisions on how to improve future business outcomes. This position envisions and defines our information assets and develops and executes the strategic roadmap to ensure data is well managed and appropriately available to stakeholders. These stakeholders include a broad coalition of internal teams, delivery partners and industry collaborators. This role anticipates opportunities, proactively implements solutions, and ensures day-to-day operations meet Banner strategic objectives.
This position is responsible for data quality, availability, interoperability, and protection of our information across our assets while enabling business outcomes through analytics and integration. The role will govern data stewardship to promote the appropriate use of enterprise data assets and determine, in partnership with executive leadership, the tools for data warehousing, meta data repositories, operational data stores, enterprise storage management and analytics platform(s).
1. The position will understand the strategic needs of Banner and create the infrastructure to gather and use data to drive business outcomes. Takes authority, responsibility, and accountability for exploiting the value of enterprise information assets, and of the analytics used to render insights for decision making, automated decisions and augmentation of human performance. Serves as the corporate leader of data-driven insights that help support the exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities.
2. Leads the utilization and governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making across the enterprise. Partners with senior executives to establish the vision for managing data as a business asset ??? to exploit data using research and analytics to maximize the return on data assets. Develops methods to ensure consistent application and use of analytics.
3. Defines data and analytics strategy practice, leads the creation (and assures the ongoing relevance) of the organizations data and analytics strategy in collaboration with executive leaders. Institutes an enterprise operating model that is consistent with the capabilities and competencies required to execute the strategy.
4. Ensures that the Banner Enterprise Data Platform efficiently and effectively ingests data from a variety of sources, curates the data with accurate indexing, and creates data marts/models for data subject matter experts to use to create visualization tools for analytics and action.
5. Supports good data operations that takes a process-oriented, automated, and collaborative approach to designing, implementing, and managing data workflows and a distributed data architecture.?? Creates and enforces rule of engagement and decision right to data. Automates data collection and processing and creates algorithms to make the analytics process consistent.
6. Ensures that the data produced is outcome oriented and there is an appropriate return of investment. Coordinates data streams for subject matter experts in; Population health, care utilization and care management, quality, clinical care, strategy, Planning and Marketing, Insurance contracting strategy, Research & Academic Medicine.
7. Leads research, strategy creation and development of new data products or services to expand markets, monetize data (directly and indirectly) and grow revenue. Fosters the creation of a data-driven culture, related competencies, and data literacy across the enterprise.
8. Expands the organization???s research and analytics offerings, especially in emerging analytical approaches, skills, and technologies, focusing them on digital business innovation. Identifies new kinds, types, and sources of data to enable business innovation throughout the organization. Creates and oversees a centralized service for sourcing external data to ensure quality, traceability, timeliness, usability, and cost-effectiveness. Defines processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Bachelor???s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Information Systems, or a related field.
Strong knowledge of operations in Data Management, as normally obtained through ten years of progressively responsible managerial experience in advanced analytics, data management, data science, and/or data infrastructure in a large, highly matrixed, integrated delivery system in a senior management level position. Experience working in, or understanding of, majority of information technology, product management, architectural data design, relational databases, programming, data analytics/reporting operations, complex data systems, data lakes, and self-service data integrity checking, with deep knowledge of using analytics for driving health system care delivery or health plan entity performance including leveraging modeling and predictive analytics and implementing value-based care modeling.
Broad experience desired in multiple competency areas of data and analytics delivery including data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), data governance, data architecture, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security and privacy, MDM, data standards, regulatory compliance, and enterprise architecture frameworks.
Master???s Degree preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.