The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we???re excited about what the future holds for health care. That???s why we???re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
The Quality department is a department of 3 (director and 2 specialist). Quality works interdisciplinary with several different departments (data analytics, patient safety, regulatory, peer review, and facility departments, Creating a tight linkage between system clinical improvement and implementation at operating entities (facilities). Sustaining expected clinical practices. Supporting Banner's clinical quality strategies. Increasing reliability and reducing variation. Aligning with Banner's transition from volume to value.
As a facilitator you will facilitate process and performance improvement projects utilizing standardized system processes. You may facilitate change management and/or conflict management. Coaching on our performance improvement tools, assisting with keeping your team focused and on task, and you may assist with the development of SMART metrics .
Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care ??? and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
This position is on site at Banner Casa Grande Med Center in Arizona. Outside candidates are welcome to apply.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports high reliability in clinical performance through ongoing assessment of performance, prioritizes clinical improvement activities, facilitates performance improvement, and promotes successful implementation to achieve entity/system targets. This role requires strong communication, collaboration, teamwork, and change management skills in order to achieve desired results across the continuum of care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Quality Leadership and Integration - Facilitates the integration of quality into the fabric of the organization to achieve objectives, such as Annual Initiatives, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and The Joint Commission (tJC) standards of care. Support the quality infrastructure, protect the use of privileged or confidential information, facilitate processes for engagement and interprofessional teamwork, identify and promote continuous learning opportunities to advance the organization/facility/entity and communicate effectively. Facilitates performance improvement projects with physicians, clinical leaders, and staff to identify improvement opportunities utilizing qualitative and quantitative data analysis, knowledge of health care operations and systems thinking.
2. Performance and Process Improvement ??? Serves as a subject matter expert in performance and process improvement, project management and change management methods to support operational and clinical quality initiatives. Facilitates activities related to or resulting from patient safety, harm reduction, clinical performance, peer review and compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies. This is accomplished by utilizing performance and process improvement tools and principles, applying project management methods, and using change management principles and tools.
3. Population Health and Care Transitions - Evaluate and improve healthcare processes and care transitions to advance the efficient, effective, and safe care of defined populations. Foster integrated team-based clinical delivery model to population-based care.?? Implement Clinical Practices, standardized process, that are evidence-based Population Health management strategies, encourage and contribute to a holistic approach to improvement and collaborate to improve care processes and transitions back to the community. Monitor and report facility Clinical Practice performance that have been handed-off to Quality Improvement.
4. Health Data Analytics - Supports the organizations' analytic environment to help guide data driven decision making while facilitating meetings with departments and teams to guide quality improvement initiatives and activities. Adheres to procedures for the confidentiality and integrity of data, designing, influencing, and monitoring data collection plans for Key Performance Indicators. Collaborates with process owner(s), acquiring, and integrating data from internal and external benchmarking sources. Uses statistical and visualization methods to analyze data for administrative and clinical decision making.?? Provides on-going assessment of performance, analyzes clinical outcome data, and identifies performance improvement opportunities or trends. Conducts and reports to stakeholders in-depth assessment of qualitative and quantitative data.
5. Patient Safety - Participates in and contributes to a safe healthcare environment by promoting safe practices, nurturing a just culture, and improving processes that detect, mitigate, or prevent harm. Seves as an advocate for the patient safety culture, applying safety science principles/methods, identify and report patient safety risks/events and collaborates to analyze patient safety risks and events. They facilitate teams to improve processes that impact the safety of patients.
6. Regulatory and Accreditation - Supports the evaluating, monitoring, and improving compliance with internal and external requirements. Participates in processes to prepare for, participate in, and follow up on Regulatory Agencies and certifications. Participates in processes to support compliance with PI standards, contributes toward continuous survey readiness activities and participates in the survey processes and findings.
7. Quality Review and Accountability ??? Facilitate and support compliance with voluntary, mandatory, and contractual reporting requirement for data acquisition, analysis, reporting and process improvement. May support practitioner and nursing performance review activities as directed.
8. Professional Engagement - Engages in the healthcare quality profession with a commitment to practicing ethically, enhancing one's competencies and advancing the field by integrating ethical standards into practice, engaging in lifelong learning and participating in activities that advance the profession, such as participation in professional organizations and achievement of certification in healthcare quality.
9. Responsibilities cross all levels of internal customers including the department, facility and system, and external customers including but not limited to the medical staff, the community, regulatory bodies and state agencies.
Requires a Bachelor???s degree in nursing or other healthcare field (i.e.: Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, etc.).
If in a profession that requires licensure, current licensure/certification/registration is required for state worked.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with five years acute care clinical experience.
Requires ability to perform complex statistical analysis and highly developed problem-solving skills. Requires the ability to manage programs and projects. Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
Registered Nurse (RN) license preferred. Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification is preferred. Master???s Degree is preferred. Experience with process improvement, regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentations is highly desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.