The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States, representing manufacturers in every industrial sector and in all 50 states. The mission of the NAM is to be the voice for all manufacturing in the United States.
Job Title: Data Operations Analyst
Department: Brand Strategy
Reports To: Director, Data Science
FLSA Status: Exempt
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is seeking a Data Operations Analyst to complement our talented team of executive communications, creative, marketing strategy and data science professionals and digital natives to advance manufacturing in the United States--and to strengthen the NAM's ability to be the most effective voice and resource for the industry. This is a chance to be at the forefront of the NAM's strategy to advocate for the values of free enterprise, competitiveness, individual liberty, and equal opportunity, while simultaneously enhancing the association's engagement with key stakeholders to drive vital objectives that make not only an impact for manufacturers but also for all Americans. The ideal candidate will embrace the NAM's mission, be a team player, be a strong communicator and possess the technical know-how to help take the association's digital and data science efforts to the next level.
Join the NAM and Make an Impact in the Following Ways:
* Build, maintain and/or troubleshoot various automated data dashboards.
* Develop deep domain expertise on contact database and serve as the "list master" for all audience development needs.
* Learn the data model housing NAM email contents in Salesforce Marketing Cloud to gain an understanding of the category of emails intended for each contact type based on service codes, marketing lists and other database attributes.
* Build, maintain and/or troubleshoot email lists for various broadcast email sends.
* Improve efficiency in manual data operations processes by initiating automation projects wherever possible.
* Develop and refine documentation for data operations processes across the organization.
* Raise concerns and help the information technology team troubleshoot potential bugs on internal tools.
* Work with the director of data science to ensure integrity of data within the CRM.
* Serve as an extra hand to deploy email sends during surge periods and/or when the email team is shorthanded.
* Be curious and open to new projects! We are a small team who is looking to build big things. New ideas are always welcome.
* Work closely with other NAM divisions and team members to help advance cross-brand strategic priorities and meet specified goals.
* Thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
The above list of responsibilities is representative of the position and is not intended to limit or preclude other responsibilities and tasks that may be associated with or added to the position.
We are looking for Team Players who meet the Following Criteria:
* To be able to enjoy this position, you must enjoy working with large datasets and possess exceptional attention to detail, as well as strong organization and project management skills.
* Advance proficiency in SQL.
* Advanced proficiency in Databricks and BigQuery Applications.
* Advanced proficiency in data visualization solutions, including dashboards housed in Google Data Studio and Google Sheets.
* Intermediate proficiency in REST and Python-based SDKs to craft data engineering solutions to port data between various platforms.
* Intermediate proficiency in HTML/CSS.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills--i.e., the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders at all organization levels and help guide process.
* Can manage stressful situations in a solutions-oriented way with a positive attitude.
* 1+ years of experience working in a dynamic environment/analytics role with the skills listed above.
* A background in politics, campaigns and/or high-profile advocacy organization is a plus but not required.
* Basic proficiency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio.
* Basic proficiency in Python.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Association of Manufacturers is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome and celebrate everyone's uniqueness here at the NAM. We provide equal opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with conviction histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. At the NAM, we believe in Second Chances! The NAM is committed to offering equal employment opportunities to ALL. We only require that you have the qualifications, talent and passion to be successful in your role.
The NAM is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
The National Association of Manufacturers requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination from all employees that are headquarters based and/or remote. This is a condition of employment with the NAM but will consider special accommodation for individual circumstances.
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation's most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance-based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, vacation and sick leave, complimentary on-site gym access and healthy snacks in the break room. Become part of a fast-paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing.
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation’s most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance-based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, and ample vacation and sick leave. Become part of a fast-paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing. The Manufacturing Institute is the NAM’s nonprofit workforce development and education partner and is a 501(c)3 that supports the manufacturing industry’s skilled workers. The MI’s mission is to inspire, educate and empower the workforce of today and tomorrow. The MI’s diverse initiatives support all American workers, including emerging workers, women, veterans, and students, through skilled training programs, community building, and career growth.