Responsible for the life cycle of library electronic resources, including license negotiation, acquisition, access support and assessment. The incumbent works collaboratively to provide access in the library discovery ecosystem, which includes library management platform, knowledge bases, access and discovery tools, authentication services and user interface. The incumbent participates in negotiations, license review and purchase decisions as well as analyzing usage statistics and budgetary parameters to evaluate electronic resources. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Manages the life cycle of all electronic resources including acquisition, licensing, access, discovery and assessment *Develops and manages workflows for Lehigh and consortia licensed content as well as open access content *Review and assist with license terms and license process *Establishes relationships with vendors, publishers, consortia and library staff as primary point of contacts to manage electronic resource collections and meet the needs of the community *Creation and maintenance of internal and external user documentation *Investigates, develops expertise in and provides guidance on new, developing and more sustainable models of acquisition and toward more open access collections
2. Develops and manages workflows for Lehigh and consortia licensed content as well as open access content *With the Resource Acquisitions Manager, represent the Library Technical Services (LTS) Team on the Collection Development Executive Committee *Provide excellent customer service and address user feedback on discovery and UX experiences; communicate with users in a timely fashion *Develops, manages, monitors and reports on budget for licensed resources *Provides support for collection and analysis of usage statistics *Uses statistical data to support renewal and purchase decisions *Create reports for communicating usage trends and impact to internal and external stakeholders *Provide access and manage access to OA content through discovery systems and IR software
3. Works collaboratively with LTS units to provide reliable access in the library discovery ecosystem, which includes library management platform, knowledge bases, access and discovery tools, authentication services and user interface *Accurately maintains metadata in discovery service, ERM database, knowledge base and link resolver *Troubleshoots and resolves access issues for electronic resource content and train staff to research and identify possible access issue *Trains and supervises staff and student workers to assist with electronic resource acquisition and metadata projects and other special project work including backup ordering; document work processes and create and update training documentation *Work with the Library Technology Team to automate and document as many business processes and workflows as possible
4. Monitor trends and best practices related to electronic resource management, access, discovery and usage analysis *Engages and remains current on emerging trends, practices and standards in electronic resource management and emerging technologies *Participates in LTS, Lehigh, PALCI and other national and international library initiatives *Participate in users’ groups and open source communities to maintain updated systems knowledge, enhance problem-solving skills, obtain best practices and suggest enhancements
5. Library- Professional Participation *LTS is a merged organization, offering the opportunity to collaborate across departments such as: consulting with the Library Technology Team, the Instruction and Outreach Team and Lending Services *Participate in professional meetings and encourages participation for other library staff *Participate in University wide initiatives, national and international library initiatives and professional development opportunities *Collaborate with other LTS Teams, offering expertise and guidance as appropriate *Communicate knowledge acquired from meetings with Team and library staff *Network with colleagues at peer institutions to learn best practices *Participate in users’ groups and open source communities to maintain updated systems knowledge, enhance problem-solving skills, identify and resolve potential problems *Support diversity, inclusion and accessibility activities and initiatives in LTS and the Libraries
Position Number: S98130
Initially this position will be required to work on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community; in the future this position may have the ability to work both from home and on campus as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
This position works with minors
This position has fiscal or financial responsibilities other than employee expense activity, such as processing or approving transactions; monitoring or preparing budgets; or generating income for University
Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent combination of education or experience.
Three to five years experience, including work on licensing and discovery services
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment
Project management experience with ability to initiate and complete projects
Professional experience supporting electronic resource life cycle activities in an academic library
Ability to work creatively and effectively both individually and collaboratively
Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, set performance expectations, implement efficient workflows, achieve goals, create documentation and direct work in a high-production setting
Experience working with or establishing up to date acquisitions programs and revenue models
Experience with discovery layer such as EBSCO EDS or other discovery tools
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and wiki software such as Confluence; knowledge of Jira preferred
Working knowledge or experience with non-MARC metadata standards and schemas, such as Dublin Core, EAD, MODS, METS, OAI, TEI, XML and VRA Core
Knowledge of Perl, PHP and XSLT
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Because of increasing COVID case counts in the region and new information about the characteristics of the Delta and Omicron variant, all Lehigh faculty and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.