Equal Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Specialist
East Carolina University
Location: Greenville, North Carolina
Internal Number: 47264
The Equal Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Specialist in the Office for Equity and Diversity (OED) develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates controls and other activities for Title IX and Equal Opportunity compliance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, audits and risk reviews, education and training, and policy recommendations related to equal opportunity, Title IX, and student safety. The Equal Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Specialist will support compliance through the development of initiatives, programming, and communications across campus and with institutional partners related to compliance with federal and state regulations and University policies directly related to student and employee safety and support. The position will have a dotted line to the Associate Provost for Equity and Diversity for certain responsibilities including, but not limited to: University policy recommendations, audit plans and compliance reviews, and interpreting state and federal laws and regulations. Specific responsibilities of the position are listed below:
· Create mechanisms for ensuring and documenting compliance with equal opportunity and Title IX regulations, policies, practices, and procedures.
· Initiate and coordinate compliance reviews for departments within the institution to ensure compliance with federal and state equal opportunity and Title IX laws and regulations. Identify potential gaps in compliance and recommend required changes to facilitate equal opportunity and Title IX compliance.
· Identify and maintain relevant equal opportunity data and use the applicable data to inform and influence institutional climate improvements and recommended changes.
· Research compliance practices and emerging trends in higher education and recommend equal opportunity and Title IX best practices for students, faculty, and staff.
· Assist with interpretation of federal and state equal opportunity and Title IX laws and regulations and their impacts to the university student, faculty, and staff populations.
· Develop and implement communication initiatives such as memorandums, resource guides, flyers, website content, and social media content. Create and assist institutional partners in creating content for various communication channels. Provide consultation in the development, review, and distribution of internal and external communications.
· Design and implement an institution-wide comprehensive education plan to enhance knowledge of and compliance with equal opportunity and Title IX.
· Collaborate with institutional partners on issues related to equity, equal opportunity, climate, and Title IX to assist with programming needs and education. Conduct individual unit assessments, as appropriate, and identify relevant topics for training needs.
· Develop training on current and emerging regulatory obligations related to equal opportunity; Title IX; campus climate and safety; federal, state, and local laws; and the policies, regulations, and procedures within the Office for Equity and Diversity's purview. · Coordinate and document training for Title IX personnel, decision-makers, appellate officers, and individuals facilitating informal resolutions, including members of the Student Conduct Hearing Boards.
· Manage all aspects of OED's training and programming portfolio including, but not limited to, program administration, project management, communication, tracking, reporting and evaluation.
· Provide other diversity and equity services as deemed appropriate to the functioning of the OED unit.
· Perform other related duties as assigned including the provision of assistance and support to the university community in compliance with our policies and procedures. Participate in investigations as needed.
Position is contingent upon available funding.
Special Instructions To Application:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
1. Master's Degree from an appropriately accredited institution with at least two years of experience in compliance or a related field, OR a Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution with at least four years of experience in compliance or a related field.
2. A demonstrated ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse workforce and provide leadership in organizational change.
3. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and evidence of skills working with diverse student and employee populations.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 500211
Organizational Unit Overview:
The Office for Equity and Diversity provides leadership to the university's efforts to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. The office promotes equity in educational opportunity, programming and employment and promotes an environment of diversity, respect and inclusion for all members of the university community.
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access; prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society; develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change; discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond; transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and improves qualify of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics. We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. East Carolina University delivers on the promise of opportunity. We open doors. We improve lives. We transform the present, and we discover the future. In these ways and more, we serve our community, our state, our nation and our world as together we reach toward our greatest potential. Tomorrow starts here.