A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
We have a terrific Medical Imaging team at Banner Del Webb Medical Center. In this medical imaging assistant role, you will be providing patients with excellent care while taking them to and from their procedures. Basic Life Support is required in this role.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes: employment, criminal and education) are required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists technologists and/or nurses in department by performing non-technical, patient and procedure-related duties in accordance with department/facility policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for a variety of clerical and administrative support functions and customer service for an assigned patient care area which promote an organized, efficient delivery of care to patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs a variety of tasks and functions associated with the department's daily operations, including but not limited to, greeting patients, medical staff and the public, answering incoming telephone calls, scheduling appointments, entering orders and providing general information to customers. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution. Refers complex inquiries to the appropriate department or staff. Provides ongoing clerical and administrative support.
2. Enters patient information into the computer, scans documents into PACS. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient's record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. May be responsible for QC/validations. Assists in facilitating requests for patient medical records.
3. Provides support in the acquisition and distribution of digital patient records. Digitizes, formats, and uploads film-based or digital images into PACS. Maintains accurate filling system as required based on established department protocols and procedures.
4. Fulfills requests for images and reports ensuring availability in system, hard copy (film), and/or CD as required and follows proper protocols for releasing confidential patient information.
5. Receives patient in applicable systems, confirms patient demographics and insurance information and performs insurance verification when required. May be required to calculate and collect copays, deductibles, and self-pay. Totals charges on patient's super-bill at check-out. Enters pending discharges into the system. Coordinates patient appointments for procedures and treatments that may be required prior to timely discharge. Processes patient discharges. Coordinates transportation to care centers and residential homes as requested by patients or physicians.
6. Prints physician schedules, super-bills, labels and other applicable forms in preparation for next business day. Pulls and files patient charts and prepares new patient charts as needed. Prints and files transcription notes. Reconciles charge tickets to each day's schedule, identifies incomplete tickets, missing charge codes or missing diagnosis and notifies clinical staff. Forwards completed tickets and/or billing package to the business office or billing company.
7. Assists technologists and nurses in pre and post procedure room preparation by obtaining necessary supplies and assisting patients as necessary. Ensures procedure rooms are stocked appropriately. Understand sterile procedure and assists with setting up sterile trays, where applicable. Adheres to radiation safety policies. Escorts patients back to the patient exam rooms, takes vitals and patient history; may assist with patient treatment to include peripheral IV insertion, IV discontinuation and Point of Care Testing (POCT) if required by the assigned facility (completion of Banner's peripheral IV insertion course and validation of skill must be completed prior to any peripheral IV insertion and discontinuation performed. Completion of Banner's POCT education and validation of skill must be completed prior to any Point of Care Testing being performed).
8. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery.
9. This position assists in the operations of the medical imaging department under direct supervision with technologists and nurses in department. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Must navigate a variety of separate computer programs at any given time and handle multiple demands on time. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, non-clinic providers and facilities, vendors, patients and family members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS certification is required.
Must be able to exercise good judgment, effectively communicate, and use discretion with patients, staff and the general public. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy is required. The position requires knowledge of commonly used office software and keyboarding skills. Good organizational skills are essential in prioritizing and coordinating various responsibilities simultaneously. Must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients and staff while functioning in a busy medical office environment.
Prior experience as a transporter, EMT and/or nursing assistant preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred. Previous experience working with electronic medical records and insurance is preferred. Knowledge of filing and/or retrieval systems preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.