$45.92/hr - $76.53/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
The Banner Health Solutions Architecture (SA) Team provides solution design services solving demands for the business based on requirements, Enterprise Architecture standards and strategies, and Cybersecurity standards and policies. The Solutions Architecture Team helps bridge business demands with people, processes, and technology that can solve for those needs.
As a Senior Solutions Architect , you are responsible for analyzing business needs, roadmaps, and technology within the environment to provide solutions to meet business needs. Your experience with Cloud Service Providers, especially Azure, and experience with architectural design processes will help ensure success. Your experience and skills will allow you to work with the business and IT stakeholders to design cloud solutions, influence cloud strategy, and provide for consistent and reliable design services for cloud-based solutions. Your experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC), IaaS, and SaaS solutions design will enable you to provide scalable and reliable solutions with a focus on protecting Banner Health's information and providing a better experience for our patients by personifying our motto of "Making health care easier, so life can be better."
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, MO, ND, NE, NV, TX, UT, WA, & WY
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position leads enterprise-wide planning, design, development and implementation of cross-functional, multi-platform applications systems in support of organizational information needs and operations. This position develops application architecture and blueprints and defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools. Position provides technical guidance to application development teams, consults on integration and conversion issues and participates in mapping technology-independent applications architecture to applicable technology platforms. Monitors and evaluates internal application/software development projects to ensure adherence to the organization's application development methodology and parameters, while ensuring appropriate fit and alignment with the overall technology infrastructure and business strategy. Provides expert-level knowledge, guidance, research and fact finding expertise to define, design, and code programs within applications and on various hardware platforms.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provide leadership and mentorship to team members in the areas of technology supporting Banner Health's patient and consumer digital products and services.
2. Advanced hands-on experience with application solution architecture design and end-to end software development of complex distributed (multi-tiered) systems
3. Provides leadership for company staff, information technology staff and various committees in order to drive successful technology planning, investment decisions, implementation to ongoing operational support for highly complex platforms
4. Ensures accurate asset information is documented and recorded in the appropriate repositories for the assigned portfolio
5. Shares best practices, lessons learned and consistently updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming products and solutions.
6. Performs hands-on solution architecture design work and actively participates in design and code reviews to ensure both delivery of desired business outcomes and alignment to enterprise standards
7. Ensures Technology Platform solutions are aligned with the corresponding roadmaps; may be called on to be the Technology Platform Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
8. This position has responsibility for enterprise-wide information application architecture, ensuring overall alignment with business direction. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has significant decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and is able to work independently utilizing feedback from customers and management. The incumbent leads and participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience and a minimum of 10 years progressively responsible and varied work experience in a large, multi-faceted organization.
Skilled in managing enterprise application development projects from start to finish. Knowledge of project lifecycles, including design, analysis, testing and implementation. Extensive knowledge of multiple development platforms, languages and technologies. Strong knowledge of diverse data, content and media types (e.g. structured, relational, audio, video, graphic, geo-mapping, social media, XML, JSON). Expert level skills in multiple software development disciplines. Knowledge and expertise in software development. Excellent problem solving skills. Skilled in leading groups. Skilled in designing relational databases. Expert knowledge of Microsoft development tools and languages. Skilled in identifying and understanding business problems. Skilled in evaluating a broad range of technology solutions and selecting the best based on specific circumstances. Strong working knowledge of multiple programming languages, hardware environments, and programming logic. Experience in large-scale project planning. Successful candidate will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
-Master's degree (and above) in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics or a related discipline -Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and agile development methodology -Experience in synchronizing data sets across sources (traditional, Big Data ...) -Experience in data visualization
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.