Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
When facing a cancer diagnosis, a common question is, "where can I go for help?" The answer is Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. By partnering with MD Anderson, one of the nation's leading cancer centers, Banner Health's cancer care includes outstanding cancer programs that integrate the latest in research, education and prevention. All Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center locations in Arizona and Colorado provide care based on the same protocols and practice standards provided at MD Anderson in Houston. We believe patient care is most effective when it's truly collaborative. Our evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach brings together physicians from all cancer specialties to provide highly coordinated and compassionate care. Our cancer experts include medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, physician specialists, nurses and clinical support staff.
Our Medical Assistants in our Multi-Specialty Clinic at Banner MD Anderson work with outpatient physicians, advanced practice providers, therapists and other practitioners who specialize in oncology care. You will bring your experiences in the Front and back office for the stem cell and hematology clinics with assisting patients with vitals, rooming, call backs, scheduling, prior auths, and more!!! We ensure comfort, consistency and continuity by taking an innovative approach to oncology care that ties together the inpatient and outpatient aspects of care. We have a team of highly qualified, experienced RNs and MAs who partner with our providers in providing excellent care to the oncology patient. We currently have openings in both our stem cell and Hematology clinics.
Schedule : Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM
Location : Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center - 2946 E Gateway Dr Gilbert AZ
**$1,000 Sign-On-Bonus For Medical Assistants**
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician.
2. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients' blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG's. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
3. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
4. Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
5. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
6. Orders supplies as directed, stocks patient care areas. Medication ordering and tasks related to all medications (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
7. Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
8. This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the providers. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician's offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. Certification or additional training must meet the requirements for Meaningful use. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.