Healthcare Scheduler Weight Loss and General Surgery
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: R54552
C/P-BGMC Gen Surg-Clinic
Marketing and Communications
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Bring your passion for patient care as a Scheduler where you will have the opportunity to work with a motivated team that is comprised of general surgery and bariatric surgery (2 specialties that are not too common within Banner in the east valley). Our surgeons perform state of the art procedures that are well known in the community, and additionally work with the Banner Gateway Weight Loss Center as our surgeons are also part of that program. Our Gilbert location is on campus with the hospital, so we have access to hospital amenities like coffee shop, cafeteria and gift shop. One of our physicians is the only physician in the east valley to perform the "Tif Procedure" to treat acid reflux.
Our Health Clinic is a very busy fast paced working environment where over a couple hundred patients visit us each day. We are looking for someone not only focused on patients as the number one goal but also a team player. A smile and greeting goes a long way in this position as you are a first impression. Having previous experience working in a fast-paced surgical specialty office is a plus. You will gain experience working with general surgery and bariatric surgery.
Main Responsibilities: Answer incoming calls to the clinic, route calls to appropriate person, schedule appointments, collect demographics, send messages to staff/providers
Schedule : Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (No Weekends or Holidays!)
Location : 1920 N Higley Rd Ste 308 Gilbert, AZ 85234
We are looking for someone with scheduling experience, medical terminology, & insurance knowledge.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for scheduling across the system for physicians, medical facilities and medical practices by coordinating all aspects of scheduling including, but not limiting to, facility resources, physicians, authorizations, insurance verification, benefits and setting payment expectations to ensure an exceptional customer experience at each point of service. Using a broad understanding of customer engagement strategies, clinical procedures and company facilities, this position provides accurate and timely information to create an experience that is easy, empathetic and differentiated in the marketplace.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Schedules medical appointments through coordination of patients, providers, facility resources, ancillary staff, records, referrals, authorizations and payers. Receives and initiates calls to/from patients, providers, provider offices and facilities, while following all established scheduling procedures and protocols to ensure patients receive the care they need, when and where they need it.
2. Effectively schedules appointments, tests and/or procedures leveraging various electronic medical record / scheduling software systems according to protocols established by clinical staff and scheduling standards. Identifies alternative schedule solutions in the event patient's preference is not available, while adhering to procedures and protocols and ensuring patient safety.
3. Obtains patient demographics, insurance information and necessary documents required to secure authorizations, referrals, or other data as determined by various facilities and insurance carriers. Responsible for obtaining and properly documenting all necessary and accurate data during the intake/registration process. Acquires and documents pertinent patient medical information in accordance with procedural guidelines.
4. Provides patients with information, pre and post-test instruction, provides location of appointment and directions. This position answers questions as necessary within guidelines and protocols. Refers questions to medical offices as appropriate. Ensures patient has "no surprises" at point of service by setting payment expectations, as well as, providing estimated payment detail where applicable.
5. Effectively communicates and builds impactful relationships through written, digital and verbal channels with patients, facilities, providers and other clinical colleagues to ensure an easy, empathetic, solution-orientated patient experience, included but not limited to phone, chat, email, electronic medical record messaging and other digital channels. Anticipates patient and provider needs and responds accordingly.
6. Solicits, labels, stores and manages scanned documents and orders received from physician offices in the document imaging software system. Ensures that all appropriate documents are received prior to appointments and ensures that orders are compliant with each facility's policy.
7. Where applicable, collects pre-payments and verifies insurance coverage to ensure "no surprises" and enable patient ease.
8. Services inbound and outbound customer and staff communications for all facilities in the states in which they operate. Works with various departments and staff to provide accurate managed care information.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with minimum of 1 or more years of customer service or related experience in a healthcare setting, such as medical office/clinic or hospital scheduling. Other acceptable experience includes lab, medical transcription, medical assistant or receptionist in a medical setting or other equivalent experience. Demonstrated ability to provide essential customer service and knowledge in a high paced inbound contact center environment Ability to use technology tools to research and obtain accurate information to respond to customer inquiries via incoming calls, emails and/or instant messaging/chat avenues while maintaining a professional solutions and service-oriented demeanor at all times. Effective ability to build customer loyalty through positive customer interactions and provide an easy experience. Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and typing skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to maintain a positive and helpful attitude with customers, providers and clinic operations. Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a sound knowledge of the company's customer information systems. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills. Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills, the ability to work effectively with common office software are required. Requires effective teamwork skills and the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
Experience in an in-bound call center or scheduler in a practice management environment preferred. Knowledge of payor contract terms and processes preferred. Some level of familiarity with medical terminology strongly preferred. Knowledge of payor contract terms and processes is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.