At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance * Retirement program (401k and Pension) * Generous PTO plan * 10 paid holidays per year * Work from home options * Casual dress code
The Lead Delivery Process Manager is responsible for supporting the development team, clearing organizational roadblocks, decomposing work products, writing user stories and keeping the delivery process consistent. The Delivery Process Manager enables the Team's success, helping the team be accountable to themselves and their stakeholders for the commitments they make.
The Delivery Process Manager coaches the team to deliver high quality solutions, services and products while continuously improving delivery. The Delivery Process Manager ensures the objectives and principles of Agile are well understood and followed by the team in their effort to deliver services, solutions and products. The Delivery Process Manager reinforces the Team's practice and protects the Team from external impediments to help them remain focused on a sustainable, predictable pace of delivery.
Responsibilities Role Specific Expectations
* Maintain knowledge of the company's strategic business plans.
* Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of business unit and IT plans (roadmaps).
* Understand the connection between team initiatives and the larger, strategic picture. * Works with the Product Owner or Delivery Team resource managers as appropriate to guide and support the efforts of the Delivery team. * Promotes an environment conducive to effective team decision making. * Delivery Process Manager is empowered to actively contribute to the Bank's collective effort to continuously improve our delivery capabilities and be an advocate for necessary change. * Facilitate all team ceremonies (Planning, Refinement, Reviews, Retrospectives, etc.). * Identify, analyze and effectively manage risks and impediments that could impact the team's productivity and stability. * Work across the team and the organization to remove impediments to the team's progress, escalating as needed.
* Facilitate Agile project governance (e.g., run ceremonies for planning, refinement, retrospectives)
* Assist CoE in accurately estimating work and breaking down work components into hierarchy of epics, features, stories, and tasks
* Facilitate requirements gathering and documentation within application lifecycle management tools
* Write user stories for the team in alignment with features outlined within the roadmap
* In alignment with the roadmap, prioritize backlog of epics and features in support of the deliverables * Ensures that the team's actions are always aligned with the sprint goals. * Ensures the team understands processes governing delivery initiatives (Scrum, Kanban, PDLC) inclusive of goals, controls and processes. Drive an understanding of how consistent application and ownership of process enables higher quality delivery throughput. * Ensure that relevant control processes continue to enable the consistent delivery of quality IT products and services in support of business objectives and goals. * Conduct appropriate and timely cross-team collaboration to ensure visibility and alignment of related initiatives. * Communicate a variety of information about the team broadly and transparently including the health of the team and the team's delivery progress using appropriate metrics and reporting methods. Provide metrics and reporting that demonstrate the relation between the team's deliveries, on-going investment and business outcomes. * Track the team's velocity, understand the deltas between sprints, assist the team in monitoring trends in velocity and react accordingly to changes. * Work with the Product Owner and Delivery Team to establish and manage release plans. * Owner of the agile framework leveraged by the teams. * Demonstrated experience as a Scrum Master and/or Project Manager for multiple teams in an iterative delivery model * Ability to analyze and report on program performance metrics, project health, and financials
* Develop and implement FHLBC Guidelines, Standards and Procedures for DevSecOps Tooling
Communication & Collaboration
* Collaborate with staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes * Ensure written and verbal communication is clear and concise * Can cohesively work in a team * Can manage conflict and constructively resolve issues * Can adapt to change and rally personnel around change * Presents related subject material to teams, stakeholders and leadership * Trains less experienced colleagues
* Highly self-motivated and directed
* Strong written and oral communication skills * Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills * Ability to think critically * Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required * Ability to absorb and retain information quickly * Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language * Results driven and oriented with a keen attention to detail * Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities * Ability to effectively prioritize and execute work in alignment with business goals * Exceptional customer service orientation * Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment * Possess an agile mindset open to adaptation based on experience and feedback
Knowledge & Experience
* Prior experience working in a financial institution is a plus * Experience with IT troubleshooting principles and techniques * Experience working on cross functional teams * Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues * Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices * Comprehensive understanding of Change Management process and controls
Formal Education & Certification
* College or university degree in an applicable field or relevant work experience required * Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Agile Certified Professional (ACP) certification required
* Minimum 3+ years work experience as a program/project manager
* Minimum 5+ years work experience as a scrum master
* Minimum 3+ years of experience decomposing work products and writing Agile user stories
* Minimum 3+ years of experience in Information Technology with DevSecOps.
* Knowledge and experience with Azure DevOps is a plus
* Knowledge and experience with documenting standards, guidelines and procedures is a plus
* Knowledge and experience with organizational change management (OCM) is a plus
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is a $100 billion wholesale bank and one of 11 district banks chartered in 1932 by the U.S. Congress to support mortgage lending and community investment. Each FHLBank operates as an independent organization and is governed by a board of directors elected by its member institutions. As a cooperative, we provide reliable liquidity to our member banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and community development financial institutions located in Illinois and Wisconsin, focusing on the distinct needs of their individual businesses and communities.
We offer products and services to help our members fund loans and investments held in portfolio, manage liquidity, fund mortgages into the secondary market, secure third party agreements, and achieve asset liability management goals. Through our Community Investment and Affordable Housing programs, we also help our members to provide affordable housing and economic development in the communities they serve.
FHLBank Chicago is a place, where everyone can make a difference—both for our organization and for the communities we serve through our member financial institutions. We aim to create a diverse... and inclusive environment where employees are fully engaged and positioned to do their best work. Teamwork is valued, and even entry-level hires may find themselves working side-by-side with senior-level executives.