Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
There is no better time to be in healthcare IT. As a Senior Manager, Biotech Management/ENTECH, you will be part of the Technology Management team providing implementation, service, and support for all Banner Health medical equipment. Banner IT was awarded Insider Pro and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2020! The team has also received the 2019 Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology/AAMI Bright Idea finalist award for their innovation and empowering organizational structure. In addition, the commercial business ENTECH , provides project management, on-site technology management, equipment planning and assessment for imaging and non-imaging clinical technology. Dedicated to Banner Health's mission to make health care easier, so life can be better, the Information Technology division is focused on diversity, employee engagement and development, driving innovation, providing legendary service, and delivering successful results, all in a culture of trust and respect.
In your role as a Banner Health Senior Manager, Biotech Management/ENTECH, you will work in a fast-paced, and rewarding environment with state-of-the-art technology that directly impacts the patient experience. We provide a robust orientation program to set you up for success. Opportunities for employee development include project and time management, temperament training, leadership academy topics, and vendor-provided technical training. Teamwork is key in this department and you will be empowered to utilize resources and collaborate to ensure consistent service delivery. Some travel may be required depending on the facilities you support. Future career growth includes opportunities in medical imaging, planning, security, integration and quality areas. In addition, tuition reimbursement and tuition discounts are available for continuing education costs.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has clinical technology support responsibility for specific geographic zones which includes a facility and external ENTECH customers. It will ensure that strategic objectives are carried out at the site level and provides direction and leadership to clinical technology service/support personnel for the assigned location(s). This position is responsible for ensuring a highly focused customer experience that facilitates patient care in the operational and strategic settings. This includes coordination of medical equipment services between organizational and outside entities.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and coordinates the work within its geographic clinical technology service delivery zone including an internal facility and surrounding external customers. Participates in the development and implementation of team goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met delivering the highest customer service in timely and effective fashion.
2. Promotes a team oriented work ethic based on service and technical excellence principles by emphasizing performance standards that are customer focused. Hires, counsels, and evaluates staff in a manner consistent with those principles. Develops and promotes a continuous quality improvement philosophy to meet and exceed these objectives.
3. Recommends and provides technical expertise on major modifications, projects, installations, and pre-purchase evaluations. Coordinates site and field based resources to provide support to project activities including but not limited to inventory audits, technology commissioning/decommissioning, technology staging, and installation activities. Acts as a primary resource between customers and vended services and draws expertise and resources from within the Technology Management/ENTECH team to help support these objectives as needed. Repairs, performs scheduled maintenance, and coordinates/carries out small-scale projects involving all levels of medical technology.
4. Markets and promotes the sale of TM/ENECH services outside customers. Supervises and provides staffing support to those customers/services as needed to enhance outside business profitability.
5. Reviews all service documentation, including safety/hazard alerts and recalls, JCAHO, ECRI and other related literature. Reviews and/or updates job descriptions, asset inventories, service reports, scheduled maintenance procedures and technical support documentation
6. Participates in the development of the department budget in conjunction with established goals and objectives. Plays a key role in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis.
7. Participates in department task forces and councils. This includes participating in the development and implementation of all processes, procedures, and programs to increase operations efficiency and effectiveness, as well as to ensure the delivery of quality customer care within the responsible geographical zone served.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
9. This position has responsibility for clinical technology service/support and asset management for facilities and accounts for the assigned location(s). Customers are internal and external (including all departments within the facility, facility administrators, department leaders, and other allied health personnel. The success of technology management operations will be most visible through resolving issues, coordinating services, collecting data and feedback, and answering questions for both internal and external customers.
Must possess a strong knowledge of service operation leadership as obtained through the completion of an Associate degree or equivalent progressive experience and/or four years increasingly responsible work experience in a technology field.
Four years progressively more responsible work experience in a technology field, in addition to a minimum of two years of previous leadership are necessary to coordinate activities of the technical staff.
Experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Previous supervisory and/or management experience is preferred. Completion of a bachelor's degree in electronics is also preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.