The primary purpose of this position is to provide production troubleshooting, operational support, and system subject matter expertise for the functional users of Banner Finance (Including modules: General Accounting, Purchasing and Procurement, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets and Research Accounting) and other ancillary systems. This includes the management of system integrations and 3rd party vendor relationships, researching and resolving problems, and providing systems analysis and project management for implementations and process improvements. -Provide production troubleshooting and operational support for all financial systems and 3rd party interfaces including: Perceptive Content; 49er Mart (eprocurement, einvoice, supplier management) and data feeds to other University or external systems, HR/Payroll systems and 3rd party interfaces. -Lead and/or contribute to financial system projects. -Manage and/or complete fiscal year end and calendar year end tasks. -Complete testing for Banner Finance system upgrades, patches or configuration changes. - Write and maintain system requirements, specifications, and process documentation. -Participate on various cross functional teams including the COA (Chart of Accounts) Maintenance Team.
Minimum Experience / Education:
-Bachelor's degree in a business or technology related field from an accredited institution. Experience in the field of work related to the position's role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
-Business Systems Analyst experience supporting an enterprise financial or human resources system.
Preferred Education Skills and Experience:
-7+ years of Business Systems Analyst experience supporting Banner Finance (General Ledger, Purchasing and Procurement, Accounts Payable, Budget, Fixed Asset and Research Accounting modules). Experience with financial services, accounting practices, and system functionality, as part of another Enterprise Application system, will also be considered.
-Experience as a Business Systems Analyst in Higher Education.
- Advanced knowledge of the Banner Finance system capabilities, configuration, technical components and data structures.
- Experience with Jaggaer, Perceptive Content or Automic is a plus.
-Advanced Excel knowledge, experience, and skills.
- Expertise in Finance/Purchasing/Accounts Payable functional business processes and the application of that knowledge to finance systems and advanced technical solutions.
- Experience documenting requirements and creating precise specifications for new development and modifications.
- Experience with testing methodologies, test script creation and execution, and documenting test results.
– Highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and achieve results with minimal supervision.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills. Exercises strong judgment, leadership, and diplomacy skills to interact positively and communicate appropriately with technical and functional partners, external partners, and all levels of management.
UNC Charlotte is North Carolina's urban research institution. Our campus is located in the piedmont of North Carolina, just two hours from the mountains and three hours from the Atlantic Ocean. A large public university with a small college feel, more than 27,200 students consider UNC Charlotte’s 1,000-acre campus their home away from home.