JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is provide a student an opportunity to be introduced and gain experience in the role of a Project Manager working on public improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The intern will report to an assigned Construction Project Managers and will provide support to the project management staff in their everyday role.
* Build working relationship across the project and client team including general contractors, architects, and other consultants.
* Balance the needs of various internal and external stakeholders.
* Assist in managing the scope, schedule and budget of small projects.
* Participate in a public procurement process for a construction project to learn about public sector procurement requirements and the role of business processes in project delivery.
* Participate in the coordination of multi-disciplinary design efforts to learn about working with contracted design professionals (architects and engineers) from an owner's perspective.
* Assist project managers with site walks, reviews of drawings, documents and other key construction project management tasks to learn about fundamental project management professional skills and career paths.
* Attend at least one training, workshop or presentation regarding project management, sustainable design or other related discipline to emphasize the importance of continuing professional education.
Some of the expected educational outcomes;
*Developing and using project management skills and learning formal project management skills.
*Understand the complexities of business, construction, and project management.
*Understand the standards of professionalism in the workplace.
Other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Interest and/or experience in a design, construction or project management career
* Must be 18 years old per CBRE policy
* Ability to follow safe-work practices, safely navigate a construction site
* Ability to stay on task and ask for assistance when needed
Additional experience, knowledge and skills that would make you successful in this internship:
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
* Working knowledge in MS Project is helpful
* Some familiarity with construction best practices is helpful
* Detail oriented and highly organized
* Leadership skills
* Flexibility to take on range of assignments
* Ability to build working relationships across different departments, levels of authority and with culturally diverse workgroups.
* Ability to complete multiple tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Working towards or completion of Construction Management, Project Managment, Engineering, or MEP related degree. Completed construction trades/Apprenticeship. Previous coursework in reading architectural drawing is preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES: None
Internal Number: 21013142
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.