Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Assistant Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness position. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Strategic Communications, the Assistant Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness, is responsible for the timely reporting, analysis, and assessment of institutional outcomes, student learning outcomes, and programmatic outcomes. The Assistant Vice President oversees Institutional Research and Institutional Assessment and will be responsible for the planning and execution of key institutional effectiveness functions, including strategic planning, accreditation, research, and support of college and system initiatives. This position will also be expected to actively promote an organizational culture that values and utilizes data when making decisions.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental, and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Master's degree required.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of related work experience required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with AEFIS software required.
• Demonstrated expertise with Tableau reporting software required.
• Demonstrated leadership and effective decision-making skills required.
• Previous management experience required.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Strong problem-solving and project management skills required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in managing information required.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making assessments for decisions required.
• Ability to work independently required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
• Advanced computer application skills, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database management software (Microsoft Office applications i.e., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Ph.D. preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Previous experience working in higher education preferred.
• MS Access preferred.
• Understanding of unionized work environment preferred.
Internal Number: 133474844
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive. We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.