Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, and Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, and access to benefits – including, medical, dental, and vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join our Project Management Team in Atlanta, GA.
The Business Development Manager has the accountability to develop, implement, and maintain a prospecting plan for work acquisition opportunities. This role conducts research, identifies opportunities, prepares proposals, makes presentations, secures new business establishes, maintains client relationships, and monitors client satisfaction.
Research & Database
• Creates a business development prospecting plan for their assigned market(s) that is market-specific and includes geographical information, project size, revenue, and margin growth.
• Looks for alternate industries that fit the Project Management Business line core competencies.
• Follows spending trends within the industry.
• Organizes information according to the project development stage.
• Participates in industry events.
• Maintains project history and client history
• Attend community events held by organizations Franklin Street have memberships and partnerships to network, generate opportunities, and stay informed on what's coming up in development and planning in our service area.
• Grows, builds, and nurtures relationships in the targeted business markets with clients, engineers, and suppliers.
• Maintains and expands relationships with current private sector clients.
• Creates and sustains an influential network of contacts in the targeted business markets through trade, subcontractor, material supplier, industry, and professional organizations.
• Utilizes the Company's marketing system to maintain a database of industry insiders and reaches out to key industry players consistently.
• Learns about partners and clients' likes and dislikes and spends time with them in informal settings.
• Interfaces effectively with Project Development, Marketing, and Operations personnel.
• Maintains easy accessibility for clients -- both internal and external.
• Effectively represents the client to the Company.
• Monitors client satisfaction.
• Acts as the company advocate.
Project Pursuit and Positioning for Success
• Follows up on leads and proposals, developing them into opportunities.
• Gains as much information ahead of time to understand the client's hot buttons and how we can formulate our proposal to meet and exceed expectations.
• Looks for those opportunities that allow us to leverage our capabilities for success, i.e., size, complexity, manageable risk profiles that set us apart and give us an advantage.
• Understands the competition, their business model, and their client base, suppliers, subs, etc.
• Understands different contract types and company preferences
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Formulate new sales and marketing approaches and programs to support the company goals and create more predictable and reliable results from one year to the next.
• Research, discover, qualify, and follow-up on project opportunities. Develop a prospect list of potential opportunities
• Monitor the marketplace for new and emerging industries & trends. Identify potential shifts that will affect the business plan and provide recommendations to take advantage of shifting market conditions.
• Develop business relationships with targeted clients to accumulate information on business challenges, market trends, competitors, preferred contracting methods, capabilities they desire in a contractor, and experience with other commercial models and contractors.
• Lead and support the proposal processes for designated markets and clients
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Able to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced team or independently environment
• High degree of initiative and independent judgment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work effectively with cross functional groups in solving business problems
• Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to team to achieve project goals
• Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
• Understanding of real estate development, construction management or real estate preferred
• Ability to support or lead Business Development initiatives as assigned or requested.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients
• Ability to communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Educational and Technical Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• 3+ years of practical experience in a sale driven role preferred
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Recent Awards Include:
- Fast 100 Award honoring the fastest 100 Fastest Growing companies in the State of Florida
- Fast 50 Award honoring the 50 Fastest Growing companies in Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay Business Journal – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce – Small Business of the Year Finalist
- Tampa Bay Times – Best Places to Work Award
- Best Places to Work Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Real Estate Forum Magazine – cover feature 2016 “Best Bosses” edition – Andrew Wright, CEO
- 40 under 40 Award, Real Estate Forum Magazine - Andrew Wright, CEO
- 25 to Watch, Tampa Bay Business Journal – Andrew Wright, CEO
- Top Volunteer Workplace – United Way Suncoast
- Corporate Philanthropy Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.
About Franklin Street
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide. For more information on Franklin Street, please visit FranklinSt.com.