One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
Trading Operations is a key partner to the Firm's institutional trading business globally providing trade and post trade support covering Fixed Income, Equities and Loan products. Playing a meaningful role in trade verification, new product approval, reconciliation of the Firm's books & records and supporting regulatory obligations, the department offers interesting opportunities for a talented team.
The Global Loan Servicing Team (GLS) provides operational support for various loan products including corporate loans and securitized products. GLS supports the Global Capital Markets (GCM) and Fixed Income (FID) business units amongst others.
The EMEA Head of Loan Operations is a senior team manager role and part of the GLS management team. The EMEA GLS team is located across the Glasgow and London offices.
As an Operational unit, GLS is divided across geographies and amongst numerous teams that are responsible for the following functions:
- Corporate Loans: Responsibilities consist of origination and syndication of primary loan facilities, servicing agency deals, and facilitation of secondary loan trading. The team is also responsible for supporting transactions for other loan products such as Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) and Letters of Credit (LCs). - Secured Lending: Responsibilities include providing front to back operational support to the Securitized Products Group (SPG). Products include Warehouse lending, Residential and Commercial mortgages, consumer loans, and capital commitments.
- Liaise closely with business unit partners and other stakeholders to ensure first class operational support to the business - Represent Operations on the management committee of our UK Bank and report on UK matters to the Trading Operations UK Senior Manager Certification Regime officer - Process oversight though KRI and KPI management - Project Management and risk based decision making - Proactively explore tactical and strategic solutions to identified and close control gaps - Supervisory role including sign offs, risk management, process review and audit checks. Ensure appropriate controls and oversight for any responsible regulatory reports - Vendor oversight
- Create a culture of continued process improvement, innovation and strategy - Establish regular team meetings, huddles - Manage remote teams - Ensure Daily Tasks are completed, leveraging management tools - Management of Team Depth Charts - Run and analyze capacity utilization metrics Input for responsible functions - Business Continuity Planning for responsible functions - Maintenance of SOP's
- Establish 1-1 meetings - Yearly talent and goal management, staff reviews, performance management - Career Development Conversations Change the Bank Initiatives
- Proactively be involved with leading technology projects - Understand and argue for resolution of processing bottlenecks - Create IT change requirement documents (BRD input / review) - Take part in cross asset prioritization - UAT coordination
Qualifications - External Skills that You Bring
- You have prior experience leading an Operations team at a senior level - Ideally, you possess strong technical knowledge of loans - You have prior experience implementing Change The Bank initiatives - You anticipate problems/obstacles and understand the ramifications to business. You offer workable commercial solutions. - You skillfully identify problems, build solutions and apply lessons. - In challenging situations you can make timely, sound and commercially focused decisions balancing risk, opportunity and cost. - You have the confidence to make tough decisions without 100% certainty - form own independent assessment and fairly consider other's opinions. - You challenge assumptions and actively look for ways to enhance and develop processes and procedures, creating a dynamic risk management culture. - You mobilize cross functional teams to resolve issues using both tactical and strategic solutions. - You actively leverage networks and use initiative to expand own and others understanding of front to back business process and technology. - You consistently exceed expectations and respond positively to changing circumstances. - You actively take the lead to ensure actions and discussion moves forward. - You understand when to be a leader and when to be a participant depending on what is needed to achieve the team's goals and objectives. - You challenge the conventional view constructively and respectfully; present ideas persuasively to influence others.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.