North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician to work with our Clinical Studies Core (CSC). The Clinical Studies Core offers resources and expertise to facilitate clinical research at the College of Veterinary Medicine. The mission of the CSC is to support interactions between clinical and basic research groups within North Carolina State University and to expand collaborative relationships beyond the university with practicing veterinarians, animal owners, and industry partners. The CSC Technician is responsible for performing a variety of day-to- day activities across multiple clinical studies run through the CSC. Duties will vary depending on the projects at any given time; routine tasks will include coordination of clinical trial patient recruitment, enrollment, animal handling, as well as obtaining and processing biological samples for enrolled patients. The CSC technician will also be responsible for providing technical assistance to various projects. Incumbent will be responsible for tracking time spent on individual projects and coordinating multiple schedules to allow for optimal flow of clinical studies. Some projects will require more technical research duties such as extraction of DNA and RNA from biological specimens, maintaining study databases, and laboratory maintenance. We’re looking for someone with previous experience in clinical research who is self-motivated, and has strong communication and organizational skills. job posting: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/137118
Previous experience in Clinical Research, and Good Clinical Practice required, as is a good understanding or experience with running Clinical Trials for pivotal submissions to the FDA (FDA or FDACVM).
- The ability to collect and maintain accurate records in both written and digital form is essential.
- The position requires the ability to assist day-to-day activities and communication across multiple clinical research projects under several Principle Investigators.
- Experience in Veterinary Clinical Medicine is required. The ability to work with a variety of species of animal is essential.
- Experience in animal handling/restraint, venipuncture, biological sample collection and processing is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills; strong ability to manage several projects at once.
- Ability to lift up to 90 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Must be a self starter.
About North Carolina State College of Veterinary Medicine
North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.