A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of join us now!
We are currently seeking an Senior IT Business Consultant to support Banner's use and development of robotics process automation. In this position, you will work with many individuals and teams across Banner to identify and understand processes that qualify for automation. Customer care is a priority for our team. Strong written and communication skills are required. Most of the team members will be remote so being comfortable with using telecommuting technology is important.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
Incumbents in this position are recognized experts and are expected to be a strategic contributor that supports business planning, tactical execution, and business integration of all digital initiatives; inclusive of, but not limited to, web site development, mobile platform and presence, internal application development, content management, self-service adoption, and ongoing maintenance of electronic channels. Incumbents are to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact finding expertise to define, design and modify specifications and processes of complex information systems. This position is responsible for formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company's requirements as well as establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications.
1. Establish and manage an effective dashboard of metrics that communicates objectives of initiatives and the progress towards specific goals.
2. Maintains a significant role in the creation of strategic technology plans. Review and consult on design and content of all digital projects to ensure consistency across electronic platforms, efficiency and lack of redundancy, appropriateness of statistical analysis, and relevance to business and strategic objectives.
3. Educates and influences business leaders on the most effective use of electronic channel options from both a short-term and long-term perspective.
4. Provide leadership and mentorship to team members in the areas of strategy, external research and benchmarking, best-practice analysis, business analysis, and ultimately implementation of electronic solutions to our customers. Provides high level expertise and guidance to the user community and mentors junior members of the department. Participates and may lead taskforces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
5. Educates and influences business leaders on the most effective use of electronic channel options from both a short-term and long-term perspective. Provides leadership for company staff, information technology staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes.
6. Leads a team of information technology professionals, end user customers and vendors to assemble request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP), return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets data or other high level strategic specifications and documents.
7. Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to.
8. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge relating to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
Must possess a strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree related field. Must also have in-depth knowledge of information technology concepts specifically, user-centered design for mobile/web apps or large, content-rich consumer sites within job function as would normally be obtained in 7+ years' work experience in the field.
Must demonstrate expert knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R10980
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.