Plant Engineering Operations Professional-2002693 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Operations Engineer (2002693) - Greenville, OH
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation, quality and continuous improvement of the respective plant the position supports. In this role, you will provide the technical support needed to execute the required production plan. You will also demonstrate strong leadership in the area of safe plant operation and adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your knowledge of process parameters, plant equipment and resin process, and competencies of analytical thinking, customer focus, and entrepreneurial acting/initiative.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education in Engineering or Chemistry and your years of experience in chemical production or maintenance, you will provide guidance and input to the achievement and development of plant goals, objectives and operational budgets.
* Your excellent computer skills, automation knowledge, and familiarity with EHS procedures/standards will be a valued asset as you generate & complete MOC's and revalidate temporary MOC's to confirm their validity.
* Relying on your familiarity with instrumentation (lab and field) and your solid problem-solving skills, you will provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to the daily Operational Team for plant problems that arise.
* Working as a team player, you can expect to be on-call and respond to any after hour event that impacts production or EHS.
* Demonstrating your experience in root cause failure analysis, you will provide technical input and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS, and quality incidents.
* Utilizing your strong understanding of Process Safety Concepts and their applications, you will lead PHAs (Process Hazards Analysis) and assigned process safety improvement activities.
* Your knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles will serve you well as you identify Lean opportunities and support implementation of these Lean projects.
* Your excellent communication skills and interpersonal understanding will be essential as you assist and support the Production Supervisor with scheduling to ensure adequate shift coverage is maintained. You will also partner with the Production Supervisor to maintain safe operation and reliability of the plant.
* Your project management experience and previous participation in a debottlenecking project will serve you well as you l ead projects to debottleneck equipment.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected] is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With [email protected], you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-OH-Greenville
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Internal Number: 637968
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.