General Summary: With the ultimate goals of growing Bronco Athletics brand awareness, increasing fan loyalty/activation and increasing revenues; develop, create, produce and execute those digital, multimedia, video board, live stream assets (across currently available and emerging channels) that yield results toward these stated goals.
- Work closely with external units and sport teams to conceptualize and execute video projects including intro videos, commercials, videoboard and streaming graphical assets, highlight videos and more. Manage and contribute creative ideas involving social networking websites.
- Provide guidance and direction to temp and student staff involved in Video Board Operations. Direct crew positions for each event. For assigned events, direct event set-up and technical operations of video board event. Shoot, edit produce and distribute video/audio content for in-house video productions. Develop creative type of sponsorship activation and execute on game day.
- Direct and execute Live stream events production. Manage event set-up and technical operations for all live stream events. Continually explore technological and operational enhancements that improve live event production quality and enhance customer impression. Hire and work with professional talent for ESPN and any other major television network airing the Broncos. Manage and maintain all equipment used in streaming live events.
- Develop and prioritize projects; shoot, edit, produce and distribute video/audio content for usage across various media platforms.
- Determine appropriate budget allocations of chosen initiatives. Work with Business Office on contracts, equipment purchases and software purchases.
- Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- Three years' relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Live sporting event or broadcast production experience in a control room or broadcast truck environment.
- Working knowledge of the broadcast process.
- Functional understanding of cabling, broadcast audio, camera operation, replay devices, broadcast switchers, and computer generated graphics.
- Experience using professional video cameras and video editing software.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and extended hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor's degree in film, communications, digital cinema, journalism, or broadcast media from an accredited institution.
Western Michigan University is a learner-centered, research university, building intellectual inquiry and discovery into undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in a way that fosters knowledge and innovation, and transforms wisdom into action. As a public university, WMU provides leadership in teaching, research, learning, and service, and is committed to enhancing the future of our global citizenry.Nationally and internationally recognized, the University aspires to distinguish itself as learner centered, discovery driven, and globally engaged.The synergy of these three pillars enables WMU to be a premier and distinctive university of choice. Western Michigan University offers all students a learning community designed for and dedicated to their success. We are committed to access and affordability, and sustaining an environment in which every student can meet the world head-on and triumph.WMU has more than 250,000 alumni worldwide, living in all 50 U.S. states and some 140 other countries. Of the University's total alumni, about 73 percent —183,831—reside in America and about 51 percent—128,887—reside in Michigan.•The University has a diverse student body, with minorit...y groups making up 23 percent, graduate students 21 percent and international students 8 percent.•Despite its size and complexity, WMU has a 17-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio, two-thirds of undergraduate classes have 30 or fewer students, and undergraduates have ample opportunities to work closely with faculty researchers and artists.•Within three months of graduation, 91 percent of alumni are employed, engaged in military service or full-time volunteer work, or continuing their education; 88 percent are satisfied with their jobs; and 85 percent have jobs related to their degree.•Ranked No. 1 among Top U.S. Sales Schools by Study.com, the sales and business marketing program is one of just a handful of majors focusing on both selling and sales leadership and since 2007 has been recognized by the Sales Education Foundation as being one of the Top University Sales Programs.•National researcher Gartner lists the integrated supply management program among the nation's 10 leading supply chain undergraduate programs and has done so for the past three years.•WMU has the world’s oldest, largest and premiere blindness and low vision studies program of its kind in the world.•The Haworth College of Business is among an elite group of fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business as well as among the select 1 percent that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics adds to the vitality of campus life. WMU is committed to gender equity and is an NCAA Division I school in the Mid-American Conference (Football Bowl Subdivision) and National Collegiate Hockey Conference.•By posting the league's best overall GPA for the academic year, the 398 student-athletes in WMU's 15 Mid-American Conference sports brought home the 2016-17 MAC Institutional Academic Achievement Award.•WMU's male student-athletes have had the highest overall GPA in the Mid-American Conference five times, capturing the MAC's academic achievement award for men more often than any other school in the league.