The Granicus accounting team is a high performing group that enjoys partnering with teams to assist with the Company’s objectives. We are looking for a motivated individual to administer financial systems and lead various projects based on the department’s needs. Project includes post– acquisition integration activities and assistance with system improvements. The ideal candidate would be resourceful, flexible with requests, enjoys solving problems, is effective at managing relationships and communicates well with others.
What You’ll Do:
· Complete operational accounting and system tasks to migrate acquired company’s data into Granicus’ systems/process. Examples include:
o Migrate data from acquired company to Granicus’ systems
o Create interim processes to load financial data needed for reporting to meet ownership needs before transactions are in Granicus’ GL system
o Complete opening balance sheet (OBS) procedures for financial reporting, including the completion of the OBS audit
o Work with integration teams to create product ID’s in NetSuite to automate invoicing and revenue recognition within NetSuite
o Create listing of acquired company’s customer accounts and products to import into Salesforce
o Provide post accounting integration support to teams learning the new products/process
o Clean up migration issues from past acquisitions
· Expand capabilities for Granicus’ financial systems platforms as the company grows and evolves, including:
o Administer Netsuite, Granicus’ accounting and invoicing software
o Partner with the Business Systems team to ensure integrations to Netsuite are optimized (Salesforce, Expensify, OpenAir)
o Troubleshoot system issues
o Implement ongoing testing of key financial control environment
· Assist with team members with large one-off projects to help step in when resources are needed
Who You Are:
· You have 3+ years of experience with financial systems and other cloud-based solutions
· You have a 4-year degree in Accounting or an MIS (or equivalent) degree with an Accounting minor
· You have experience in all phases of system implementation and integration
· You have a deep understanding of general accounting and financial concepts and processes (Procure-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash) and best practices
· You communicate well with team members and customers
· You have intermediate MS Office skills
· You are precise, with exceptional problem-solving skills
· You have effective project management skills, including identifying when we need to step back and re-assess approaches/processes
· You demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Civic Engagement Platform. Granicus works with more than 4,500 government organizations and connects more than 220 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
Granicus empowers a modern digital government.