Primary Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Content Strategy and working closely with the schools and colleges within the University of the Pacific, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the design of digital and print marketing communications to prospective undergraduate and graduate students and their influencers, ensuring brand and messaging alignment with the University's standards and policies. The individual will assist the director in working alongside school/college partners on the production of collateral digital and print materials.
Essential Functions: 1. Designs engaging and responsive creative solutions to meet business development and marketing needs through the development of digital and print advertisements, brochures, landing pages, email banners and templates, presentations, logos, web, and social media assets.
2. Works with a wide range of media and uses graphic design software and coding.
3. Thinks creatively and develops new design concepts, graphics, and layouts.
4. Prepares rough drafts and presents creative ideas.
5. Monitor projects through the production process, including concept, production, quality control, and distribution.
6. Responsible for designs aligned with university strategy and program messaging while ensuring brand consistency across all channels.
7. Adheres to deadlines and manages time constraints across all design projects.
8. Follows and applies trends and integrates the latest technology advances into deliverables.
9. Captures photos, and re-touches/edits photos as needed.
10. Captures video and performs editing. Converts video to digital format and produces video clips to be used in different publications or presentations.
11. Amends final designs for comments and obtains final approval.
12. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Enrollment Management and the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: One plus (1+) years of experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign). One (1) or more years of experience developing a social media content calendar, including maintaining a regular and robust posting schedule, creating or assigning content, and measuring engagement and leads.
Preferred Qualifications: Expert level design production, including preparing files for print and packaging. Solid understanding of digital printing processes. Video editing skills using Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro. Knowledge of photography, illustration, typography and digital formats. Knowledge of prepping and releasing banner ads, website pages, and email campaigns. Solid design skills in web/digital, multi=page collateral, multi-media, video, and print. Superior design skills and a robust portfolio that includes marketing and sales materials. Ability to listen, visualize, and apply ideas and trends into creative solutions. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.