As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• MGB Center for Sports Medicine is an exciting new initiative to create a nationally recognized and regional leader in sports medicine • Combines a broad existing set of sports medicine capabilities across the MGB system (AMCs, community hospitals, physical therapy/rehab network) with a targeted incremental investment program to expand and grow the business • Reporting to the [system SVP of Operations] and closely collaborating with a governance board of orthopedic chairs and other system executives • Business Director is responsible for leading the sports medicine business including evolving the strategy, defining key objectives, and collaboratively leading teams to execute on those objectives • Develop a close partnership with sports medicine clinical and administrative leadership to translate business strategy to clinical delivery and financial success
Principal Duties & Responsibilities • Owns development of business, financial and operational planning and execution both directly and through the influence of various stakeholders • Provides strong and collaborative leadership and coordination of a team of clinical and functional leaders in a highly matrixed environment to deliver on the strategy and business plan/objectives for the MGB Center for Sports Medicine • Provides leadership and management, planning, coordination, and direction to ensure implementation of the strategy • Manages day to day operations including supervision of project management and administrative resources related to the strategy and the business plan • Partners with other clinical and administrative leaders to support employee satisfaction and workforce strategy development for sports medicine staff throughout the system • Owns Enterprise level P&L responsibility. Coordinates financial management activities and initiatives with other stakeholders. • Maintains key relationships with clinical, research, and administrative staff across MGB and its affiliated organizations • Drives and is accountable for, in partnership with system functional leaders, commercial activities spanning marketing initiatives, community engagement, business development, and strategic partnerships • Actively manages and escalates, as appropriate, program risks and mitigation plans • Participates in committees and advisory groups as appropriate • Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred in business, general management, or related field • Minimum of 10-15 years of leadership experience in a complex healthcare organization. • Clinical experience a positive
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent management skills (ability to execute on multiple objectives and prioritize work requirements) with a strong commitment to patient satisfaction/experience and workforce engagement • Strong sense of urgency and proactiveness - ability to manage and drive work and agenda independently, and source input from constituencies as needed • Success in operating in highly complex and matrixed environments - a strong track record of delivering results through a combination of direction and influence • Entrepreneurial spirit • Passion for sports, players of all kinds, and athletes of all types • Execution oriented mindset • Strong analytical, planning, organization, and time management skills • High attention to detail and understanding of end-to-end processes • Demonstrated drive and willingness to learn and develop new skills • Must be capable of contributing within a team, exhibit a high level of initiative, and have an eagerness to learn new technologies • Operates with the highest level of integrity • Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with diverse, cross-functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization • Self-motivated and independent • High financial acumen • Experience working in a clinical setting; physician a strong positive • Ability to build strong and collaborative teams
• Office setting, with local travel between Mass General Brigham sites. • Some US-based travel may be required.
• Service line projected to grow to approximately 300+ people in the next several years • Initial direct and indirect reports: 5-10 Fiscal Responsibility
• Responsible for managing a budget as required by leadership.
EEO Statement Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Internal Number: 3139529-1435_1607615321
About MGH Institute of Health Professions
MGH Institute of Health Professions, founded by Massachusetts General Hospital in 1977, is an innovative and independent graduate school in Boston that is a member of Partners HealthCare. A progressive leader in developing comprehensive models of health care education, the MGH Institute prepares advanced practice professionals in the fields of nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and communication sciences and disorders through a distinctive combination of academic study, clinical practice, and research. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in graduate level and certificate programs, with an increasing number of courses available online. The Institute is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).