As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration. General Summary Mass General Brigham's Enterprise Data and Digital Health (EDDH) initiative is working to expand access to digital tools and technologies that address significant health care challenges. By providing resources and coordinated support, EDDH is helping to take innovative care solutions that have been successful at our academic medical centers and make them available to all institutions across the system. EDDH will advance foundational investments in data, analytics, technology, AI, and machine learning.
As we respond to increasing healthcare market pressures and learn about new opportunities to advance patient care, research, and education, digital health is vital to the future of the system and growth strategies. The EDDH initiative will work to further engage patients in their health care journeys and enable Mass General Brigham's future, providing world-class clinical care with the best possible experience for patients. Position Summary Plans, evaluates, and provides project management on complex network implementations, as well as makes recommendations to design to ensure network stability and optimum performance for both on premise and cloud-based networks. Provides expert troubleshooting of a wide variety of network-related problems. Provides in-depth understanding of a wide variety of applications and services that ride on the Partners network. Principal Duties and Responsibilities • Under the direction of the Senior Manager Network Engineering, provides highly skilled technical support to in-house IS staff, user departments, and third-party liaisons.
• Design, plan and implement client-specific cloud solutions. Scaling Cloud services to server growing business needs. Troubleshooting issues which arise. Monitoring usage of cloud networks. Implementing effective security strategies on cloud networks.
• Provides project management for ongoing projects and implementations.
• Monitors network traffic to ensure optimum uptime and performance in a proactive manner.
• Provides consulting services and project management at the highest technical level for remote hospital sites; works with various IS departments to ensure superior application performance and network stability. • Work with security office to identify possible breaches to network security; help maintain Partners firewall and monitor integrity of firewall.
• Acts as primary liaison between other groups within IS in providing proactive service in implementations of networked applications, provides senior technical leadership and project management to more junior Network Engineering staff in evaluation, installation and implementation of network projects.
• Occasional after hours and weekend work to perform tasks that cannot be done during business hours.
• Participates in Network Engineering Site Team on call rotation to troubleshoot major network system issues.
• Representation Network Engineering Site Team at senior management project meetings.
• Carries pager 24x7.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by Information Systems Management.
• Uses the MGB HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Qualifications • Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science or a related discipline or 7 years related experience.
• 7+ years of experience converting business requirements into workable solutions as a software engineer.
• 7+ years of cloud solution, technical, and business architecture.
• Demonstrate knowledge of how to use architecture and automation to drive agility, and how to shift architecture and development practices to integrate legacy systems with modern architectures. • 3+ years of hands on vRealize Platform and development experience. • 5+ years of experience with Cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, Google). • Experience implementing solutions at an enterprise level. • Understand the fundamentals of database design, and web service (SOAP and REST) integrations.
Skills/Abilities/Competencies Required • Experience and knowledge of cloud computing including Azure, AWS and Google solutions.
• Cisco Routing and switching knowledge with Nexus, Catalyst and Integrated Service Routers.
• Network protocols with strong emphasis on TCP/IP
• Remote Access technologies
EEO Statement Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Internal Number: 3137820-1435_1607615230
About MGH Institute of Health Professions
MGH Institute of Health Professions, founded by Massachusetts General Hospital in 1977, is an innovative and independent graduate school in Boston that is a member of Partners HealthCare. A progressive leader in developing comprehensive models of health care education, the MGH Institute prepares advanced practice professionals in the fields of nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and communication sciences and disorders through a distinctive combination of academic study, clinical practice, and research. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in graduate level and certificate programs, with an increasing number of courses available online. The Institute is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).