The Englewood Hospital postgraduate year one (PGY-1) pharmacy residency program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Residents in our program will have the opportunity to accelerate their clinical and professional growth through a series of rotations designed to provide robust experiences in patient-centered care and pharmacy practice management. The program prides itself on a strong track record of preparing residents for roles in a multitude of practice settings upon graduation and developing the pharmacy leaders of the future.
Purpose and Mission
Upon completion of the residency program, residents shall be competent, confident, and compassionate pharmacy practitioners delivering pharmaceutical care in different healthcare settings and will have acquired skills that improve medication safety and prevent medication misadventures. They will be able to effectively educate patients, healthcare professionals, and the community, while functioning as part of an interdisciplinary care team. The resident will follow a personal philosophy of practice, be a self-directed learner, and exhibit a strong commitment to the advancement of the pharmacy profession.
The PGY-1 pharmacy residency program builds on Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY-2) pharmacy residency training.
Manage and improve the medication use process
Provide evidence-based, patient-centered medication therapy management with interdisciplinary teams
Exercise leadership and practice management skills
Demonstrate project management skills
Provide medication and practice-related education/training
Utilize medical informatics
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree
Graduation from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy
Eligibility for New-Jersey Pharmacist Licensure*
Learn more about the application process for our Pharmacy Residency Program. All application materials must be submitted by January 15 through PhORCAS for a start date of July 1.
About Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
• Englewood Hospital and Medical Center is a leading provider of high-quality, comprehensive, and humanistic care serving northern New Jersey and beyond. • Located just 10 minutes from the George Washington Bridge, this community teaching hospital is nationally recognized for cardiac surgery and cardiac care, breast imaging and cancer care, spine surgery, orthopedic surgery, and maternity care, and is an international leader in patient blood management and bloodless surgery. • Other areas of excellence include diagnostic imaging, offering a 3T MRI machine, a hybrid operating room, and other state-of-the-art technology.
• The hospital is a Joint Commission-designated Primary Stroke Center and holds disease-specific Joint Commission certifications in hip replacement, knee replacement, and spinal fusion.
• Englewood Hospital and Medical Center is an affiliate of Hackensack Meridian Health and offers training programs for students and professionals, including an internal medicine residency program.
• The medical center also serves as a training site for surgery, vascular surgery, pathology, emergency medicine, anesthesiology, and critical care medicine.
• Among the 900 ph...ysicians affiliated with Englewood Hospital and Medical Center are 350 primary care physicians and specialists who are part of the MDPartners physician network. Comprising hospital-based and community practices at more than 50 locations throughout northern New Jersey and Rockland County, New York, MDPartners of Englewood Hospital and Medical Center offers seamlessly coordinated, integrated, and streamlined care.
• Founded in 1890 as a 12-bed facility, Englewood Hospital and Medical Center is today a fully accredited hospital with 352 beds. Through an ongoing campus modernization project, a growing and comprehensive physician network, and a strategic focus on outpatient services and population health management, Englewood Hospital and Medical Center continually innovates and adapts in order to meet the needs of the community it serves and remains on the forefront of high-quality care.
• To be the regional leader in providing state of the art, compassionate care in a humanistic environment.
• To provide comprehensive, state-of-the art patient services;
• Emphasize caring and other human values in the treatment of patients and in relations with their families, and among employees, medical staff, and community;
• Be a center of education and research;
• Provide employees and medical staff with maximum opportunities to achieve their personal and professional goals.