The User Engagement Specialist will work with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and project managers, among others. The team will look to this person to combine the needs of users with the complexities of a growing and interconnected ecosystem in order to educate users on effectively utilizing the ecosystem for their research. The person hired for this position will primarily work with the BioData Catalyst Coordinating Center team, a group that is dedicated to the management of a consortium building a cloud-based ecosystem providing tools, applications, and workflows that enable researchers to find, access, share, store, and compute on large scale datasets in secure workspaces. This position is critical to the successful expansion of the user base for this complex data science research ecosystem.
This position's primary responsibilities include:
1. Develop and analyze a variety of training activities such as presentations, tutorials, documentation, videos, and short courses to support the education of users working in the BioData Catalyst ecosystem. - Support regular content development and release. - Actively review, contribute to, and monitor roadmaps to ensure timely engagement, planning, and execution for training offerings. - Write and disseminate key messages, talking points, FAQs, process and procedure documents, etc. and create training template libraries with the end-user in mind. - Develop and analyze processes to support user needs and directly support user needs via help desk, email, Slack, etc. - Using feedback directly from users and stakeholders, identify usability problems and propose solutions. - Develop enhancements that support user experience and engagement. - Create systems for providing excellent customer service with a user-centered focus. - Develop, implement, and analyze customer surveys and metrics. - Review performance of the training portfolio for quality, accuracy, and relevancy. - Aggregate and provide continuous improvement feedback to content contributors based on training materials feedback outcomes. - Solicit user feedback via informal and formal methods. Communicate user feedback data via ecosystem-wide reporting systems.
2. Develop and analyze research community outreach initiatives - Support ecosystem-wide marketing and programming in collaborations with key colleagues and stakeholders. - Promote usage and awareness of the ecosystem. - Understand new functionalities and promote to the user community.
3. Provide key stakeholders with data-driven recommendations for adapting to changing user situations, needs, or requirements - Provide influence, direction, and guidance to ensure the development and release of high quality training offerings. - Recommend alternative approaches that reduce time to production while continuing to provide an engaging experience for the learner. - Manage ambiguous projects, identify and solve blocking issues, and know when to escalate to keep the project moving forward.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, have a passion for education, and be consultative. - Background or knowledge in learning design, training/education, curriculum development and/or instructional design, including development of courses released on online learning platforms. - Must have technology acumen, preferably experience in training or support roles, but minimally an understanding of cloud technologies and distributed computing; an understanding of data ingest, data management, and data analysis; and the ability to relate to IT role functions. - Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to both lay and technical audiences about the functionality and technical specifications of a technical product (via email, web content and videos, presentations, and other written and visual materials). - Exceptional writing, grammar, punctuation, editing and proofreading skills. Writing is a primary responsibility for this position. - Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, meticulous record-keeping, and ability to manage shifting priorities. - Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, set priorities appropriately, and organize workload effectively. - Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders. - Excellent customer or community engagement skills. - Applied knowledge of community outreach techniques. - Knowledgebase and/or CRM management experience. - Experience with content creation, user experience design, SEO/keywords and HTML. - Knowledge of user-centered service principles, consumer behavior, and interactions.
- Relevant post-Baccalaureate degree in education, communications, computer science, or a similar discipline; or relevant undergraduate degree and 3 or more years of relevant experience. - Candidate should be able to demonstrate expertise in the required areas via portfolios or previous work product.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Carolina rates among the nation’s great institutions of higher education, set on an historic and beautiful campus that celebrates all four seasons. Carolina’s students, faculty and staff come here from around the world, bringing varied cultural, racial and ethnic heritages that help make UNC-Chapel Hill a thriving intellectual center. We’re repeatedly ranked the nation’s best value in higher education for students seeking to earn a college degree – the University has garnered the top spot each time since the ranking’s launch in 1998.Whether you’ve just started your career, are new to academia or are a seasoned professional with assorted campus experiences to draw on, we hope you will find a great place at Carolina.