Job no: 501802 Position type: Full-Time 12-Month Department: 300200 - University Television Center Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS Categories: Professional Position Open Date: Nov 10 2020
Produce television and multimedia projects for university and external clients. Communicate production requirements from the client to the television center staff and ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and represent the university well in content and technical quality. This position serves as a creative producer for the department, concentrating on scripted, highly produced projects. As a senior position, this position provides leadership to the television center in the areas of creative services, videography, editing, marketing, and client relations.
The University Television Center provides broadcast-quality creative production services to the university community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Produce video and multimedia projects from start to finish for internal and external clients with minimal supervision. Must be able to work with clients to find creative solutions that meet client needs and budgets, from initial concept through scripting, shooting, editing, and delivering the final product through either broadcast quality media or web based platforms in a variety of video formats. Effectively communicate production needs to other television center staff and act as project manager for larger projects requiring staff support.
2. Provide leadership to the television center and the university in the areas of creative services, videography, editing, general production techniques, and multimedia content creation. Act as instructor in production technique to staff members and students as required.
3. Act as a crew member for live productions in a variety of roles. Must carry out any other instructions given by the center director.
4. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in broadcast, television / film production, or equivalent
Five years' experience in television production with proven creative skills in concept development, writing, directing, videography, editing, and coordinating television productions from start to finish. Expertise in non-linear video editing methods is essential.
Skills in multimedia content creation using Adobe Creative Cloud (including AfterEffects, Premiere, and Photoshop), web based multimedia development tools, DVD authoring, experience in production in the high definition video formats. Project management, client relations, and marketing skills. Proficient in cinema-style videography.
Master's degree in television production, interactive media production, or related field. Proficiency with single camera, 4K television production using prime lenses in a commercial / promotional environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have demonstrated skills in creative services (concept development, scriptwriting, and working with other creative positions) videography, editing, and client relations. This position is expected to produce video projects from concept to completion.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
* This position is expected to work with minimal supervision. This person must be able to set up and operate a field camera both from a camera support system and shoot handheld (news style) with a variety of ENG/EFP broadcast lenses. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* Hearing requirements: Heavy telephone contact requires ability to hear and respond to telephone conversations. Ability to listen for critical audio issues in audio recording required.
* Flexibility to work beyond regular work hours as needed.
* Frequent - externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; irregular hours may be anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position.
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Internal Number: 501802
About Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University represents the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting institutions and is designated by the Carnegie Foundation as an R1-Very High Research Activity University. Also, a National Science Foundation “Top 100” research University, MSU shelters a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society, and values the talents of our distinguished faculty, staff, and student scholars. Here, a culture of inclusion is fostered and we’re driven each day to make a difference at the local, state, regional, national and global levels. At Mississippi State University we invite you to join us as we continue our momentum in research, teaching, and service.
To apply, please go to http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/