Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
In Business Performance , it's all about the data. On this team, you'd be using your critical thinking skills to work through processes, reporting, and analysis to make Banner a better place.
As a Business Performance Analysis Consultant , you will pull, manipulate, analyze, report and present Health care data from tables within different data sources with different products. You may also develop predictive analytic insights using statistic skills and logic.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides analysis and builds complex reports and/or data repositories and other presentation materials and other presentation materials and may be expected to lead project teams. The incumbent must have significant knowledge about cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. This position is responsible for and/or participates in creating data definitions, validating data, retrieving data from systems, merging data from multiple sources, participating or reviewing technical documentation, report configuration, creating training materials and facilitating or leading cross functional teams through projects and/or issues to achieve desired results.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Analyzes and reports on complex customer needs. Manages and support the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications such as Teradata, SAS and Tableau.
2. Participates in cross-functional teams and/or leads projects with regional or enterprise-wide scope to implement system changes. This may also include providing oversight, change management, general work direction or leadership to individuals on team. Conducts regular meetings with stake holders and uploads necessary documents to the shared information repositories, such as sharepoint.
3. Serves as a liaison and expert resource for data availability and reporting.
4. Maintains optimal operation of departmental reports in partnership with IT or external software vendor, as appropriate. This may include leading the implementation, maintenance, testing and/or functional design.
5. Keeps current on industry, standards and regulatory/compliance issues within assigned areas. Provides system and reporting consultation on these issues to customers.
6. Creates presentations and/or reports for management involving significant analysis of multiple or complex data sources.
7. Develops interrelationships among partners and customers who might have similar information needs and manages those relationships to assure effective solutions.
8. Conducts analysis with knowledge of statistics, modeling, and data manipulation, to drive organization results.
9. This position makes decisions using policies and guidelines, but must demonstrate expertise in applying solution to non-standard or routine situations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Computer Sciences, Process Engineering, Business or related field.
A minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent in reporting and/or analytics in one or multiple areas in clinical, financial, utilization, patient satisfaction, supply chain, HR or related field.
Must possess significant knowledge of cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership.
Must process strong project management skills and ability to work independently, manage large, multiple projects, complex reports, while organizing priorities.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills are required. Strong technical skills (SQL/Ansi SQL, SAS, Excel, Tableau etc.).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Experience with department specific software (Cerner, NextGen, Centricity, Peribirth, TSI, and Quality Advisor), including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications.
Experience with SAS or SSRS.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5491
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.