The Sequoia Union High District seeks a dynamic educational leader to serve as Director of the Sequoia Adult School.
Sequoia Adult School was founded in 1921 and has served its community for almost a century. The school is located in Menlo Park, about 45 miles south of San Francisco. Its campus on Middlefield Road in Menlo Park houses ESL classes, a full-time GED Test Center, ABE/ASE classes, and Google Apps courses for ESL students. The school operates from 8:30 am to 9:15 pm and serves over 1400 students annually in morning and evening sessions. Its mission is to help students by providing quality programs in which they develop the skills needed to enter college, job training, and careers, succeed in school, support their children’s education, and contribute to vibrant and healthy communities. Sequoia Adult School is known for its Transition to College Program, which prepares students to transition to community college successfully. As part of this program, Canada College offers ESL classes on the school’s campus. The school is a member of the ACCEL San Mateo County adult education consortium, is a Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act recipient, and is accredited by WASC.
NOTES: The position begins January 4, 2021 (the start date can be negotiated) 222 day work year EdJoin Job Posting #134020 Salary: $149,248 - $172,182; $1,420 for Masters/Doctorate, Career increments as appropriate.
Generous benefits package. Contact: Jacqueline McEvoy, Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources and Student Services
1. Develops, coordinates, and evaluates adult school instructional programs.
2. Develops appropriate adult education programs to meet the changing and diverse needs of the adult community.
3. Develops a schedule of classes.
4. Maintains a focus on student learning and results.
5. Supports district schools and programs by offering credit recovery classes and high school equivalency and college/career pathway options for students.
6. Monitors student and program assessment procedures.
7. Provides entrepreneurial leadership in the development of partnerships within the community.
8. Evaluates programs and make recommendations for improvement.
9. Maintains a course outline of subjects offered.
10. Represents the district as needed at county, regional and state meetings.
11. Assists in labor management negotiations as directed by the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources.
12. Manages personnel activities including: recruiting and hiring of both classified and certificated employees; maintaining personnel records; evaluating certificated employees; evaluating classified employees; ensuring the availability of appropriate professional development; etc.
13. Prepares and submits applications for funding from state, federal and private sources.
14. Ensures the preparation and filing of required district, state and federal reports.
15. Facilitates the management of student records.
16. Develops and administers publicity and marketing programs.
17. Organizes and facilitates the WASC accreditation process and implement recommendations.
18. Ensures appropriate care of the facilities of the Adult School and coordinates use with groups and agencies.
19. Communicates with other administrators, State and local agencies, and outside organizations to
· Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate, communicate and innovate with others
· Knowledge of research based adult learning academic and career pathway programs
· Knowledge of career technical education and career pathways, and work based learning
· Knowledge of instructional supervision techniques
· Knowledge of effective technology for digital age
· Knowledge of Adult School policies at Federal, State and Local level
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage site budget and grants
· Ability to demonstrate leadership and develop leadership in others
· Effective writing and public speaking skills with ability to motivate and persuade others
· Ability to establish partnerships with internal and external organizations
· Ability to use data to inform your planning and instructional programming
· Ability to work at the Adult Education Consortium level.
The physical abilities required of this classification may include the following:
· Vision which can be corrected to a level sufficient to successfully read hand-written, typed and computer-generated information and data, as well as computer terminal displays.
· Hearing and speech ability sufficient to enable communication by telephone and in person.
· Manual dexterity sufficient to use standard office equipment and supplies and to manipulate both single sheets of paper and large document holders (binders, manuals, etc.).
· Physical ability to reach, bend and grasp in order to file and retrieve materials.
· Physical ability to sit or otherwise remain stationary at work post for long periods.
May require a valid California Driver License, and willingness and ability to travel to various sites within
the Bay Area.
Additional Salary Information: $1,420 for Masters/Doctorate, Career increments as appropriate.
Internal Number: 134020
About Sequoia Union High School District
The Sequoia Union High School District is located in the Silicon Valley of the San Francisco Bay Area, one of the most intellectually dynamic and innovative regions in California. The district serves the following communities that represent the entire socioeconomic and demographic spectrum of our state: Atherton, Belmont, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Portola Valley, Redwood City, Redwood Shores, San Carlos and Woodside. The diverse student bodies in the comprehensive high schools include 43.2% Latino, 37.6% White, 9.1% Asian, 2.5% African-American 2.3% Pacific Islander, and 4.8% Two or More Races.
There are two independent charter schools that operate within the District boundaries: Everest Public High School and Summit Preparatory Charter High School.
The district website offers comprehensive and timely information for staff, students and parents, and the community at large. Visit www.seq.org. for more information about the district.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants are encouraged to visit the Sequoia Union High School District website under Human Resources. Applicants can click on the desired job opportunity which will then connect you to the EdJoin we...bsite.
KEY CONTACTS IN HUMAN RESOURCES
• Jacqueline McEvoy, Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources and Student Services [email protected]