The Enrollment Marketing and Communication (EMC) team within University Communications and Marketing seeks an energetic, creative, and collaborative individual to serve as Assistant Director of Enrollment Communication in support of Miami University’s undergraduate admission and enrollment goals. The Assistant Director of Enrollment Communication helps plan, manage, and execute integrated and comprehensive communication plans using various media.
• Assist in the development and implementation of communication plans using media including but not limited to email, print, web, text, video, and other digital marketing tools. Provide creativity and enthusiasm as a writer in a fast-paced environment, supporting the EMC team and the university overall in undergraduate recruitment projects and campaigns that resonate with prospective undergraduate students, their parents, and other targeted audiences.
• Serve as a liaison to strategic teams within the Office of Admission for specific communication plans to ensure projects are developed and executed to meet the clients' needs. Monitor and adjust communication workflows as needed, based on client and audience needs and institutional goals.
• Contribute to communication projects as a writer and editor, working with creative teams that include graphic designers, web developers, digital communication specialists, photographers and videographers.
• Oversee distribution of communication materials.
• Monitor and benchmark other university communication and marketing strategies for messaging ideas, best practices, design concepts, and creative approaches to communication with target audiences.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree within a communications-related discipline and at least one (1) year of full-time, professional communication experience • Ability to work independently with strict adherence to deadlines while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledge of recruitment strategies and/or marketing and communication strategies
• Experience in integrating technology as part of a larger marketing strategy
• Ability to work collaboratively with various internal and external constituencies
• Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of accuracy, attention to detail, and handling of confidential information
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with various software, design, and web applications
• Experience with communication in higher education, preferably undergraduate admission • Experience with CRM software and other relational databases
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Internal Number: 497068
About Miami University
“Miami University, a student-centered public university founded in 1809, has built its success through an unwavering commitment to liberal arts undergraduate education, with complementary quality graduate programs, and the active engagement of its students in both curricular and co-curricular life. With a student body of 16,000, Miami effectively combines a wide range of strong academic programs with faculty who love to teach and the personal attention ordinarily found only at much smaller institutions. Faculty and staff are highly valued for their contributions toward the Miami experience. Employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and stable work environment as they work to support the university’s educational mission. Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles northwest of Cincinnati, with regional campuses located in Hamilton and Middletown, Ohio, and a center in Luxembourg. Known as one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation, Miami, the nation's tenth oldest public university, is recognized for its striking red brick Georgian-style architecture and tree-shaded lawns. Take a Virtual Tour from our website.”