Thomas Edison State University provides distinctive undergraduate and graduate education for self-directed adults through flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning and assessment opportunities. One of New Jersey’s senior public institutions of higher education, the University offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in more than 100 areas of study. At Thomas Edison State University we embrace a diverse and dynamic workforce that drives innovation, learner success and organizational growth. We welcome you to apply to be a part of our team.
Initially under the supervision of the COO and Chief of Staff -- ultimately transitioning to the supervision of the Associate Vice President of Organizational Learning and Chief Technology Officer -- the Project Manager helps implement and oversee various technology and other priority projects. In this newly conceptualized position, the incumbent will work with stakeholders and project leads to organize, track, coordinate, report out, and communicate information and data pertaining to strategically driven projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques essential to perform assigned responsibilities.
• Creates detailed project plans including timelines, budgets and resource allocation to ensure successful project completion.
• Demonstrable experience managing project management technologies and platforms, and the ability to work with end users to assist them in incorporating them into their workflow and operations.
• Experience in interpreting project data from project leads and communicating KPI’s to leadership.
• Significant experience in creating and presenting executive level summaries to stakeholders at the University.
• Designs, develops and executes communication systems to ensure effective exchange of information between project stakeholder, senior management and staff.
• Ability to perform interview and discovery activities with key project leads to ascertain status updates, key issues, and project threats.
• Assists in refining and re-sequencing during the implementation and execution phases of assigned project as needed
• Ability to set priorities and work independently on multiple concurrent projects.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Compiles with standard policies and procedures.
• Familiarity with implementation of complex technology products
Education: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Three years of professional experience in project management, grant management or event management in higher education or other field or equivalency as determined by the appointing authority.
A Master’s degree in a field related to the position to be filled may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
• Working with stakeholders, set project plans, deadlines and convenes meetings as necessary
• Liaises with relevant stakeholders
• Provides regular feedback about projects to stakeholders.
• Convenes regular meetings and communicates on project milestones
• Performs other duties as assigned
Priority consideration for applications by 11/2/2020
Thomas Edison State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
About Thomas Edison State University
Thomas Edison State College was established by the State of New Jersey and chartered by the New Jersey Board of Higher Education in 1972. The College was founded for the purpose of providing diverse and alternative methods of achieving a collegiate education of the highest quality for mature adults.