The residency program at Virginia Mason Memorial is a post-graduate year one (PGY1) clinical and administrative program that provides residents with the opportunity to expand their clinical knowledge while they gain experience and strengthen leadership and teaching skills as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team. This program is fully accredited by ASHP.
The resident will achieve their personal and ASHP required goals and outcomes through the development of his/her individualized residency calendar. The calendar will be comprised of required, longitudinal and elective experiences that vary in range from 2-6 weeks depending on the experience. Upon completion of the program, pharmacy residents are prepared to be eligible for board certification and for post year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
Family Practice Service with Medical Residents
Ambulatory Care - including specialized clinics with a focus on oncology, cardiology and geriatrics
Leadership and Management*
Teaching and Precepting*
Residency Project Management*
Cardiology – inpatient and/or ambulatory care
Oncology – inpatient and/or ambulatory care
Administration – inpatient and/or ambulatory care
Quality and Safety
Residents are required to complete an investigation of some aspect of pharmacy practice. This may be in the form of original research, or development or enhancement of pharmacy practice and patient care services. A final report in manuscript format is required and results will be presented at a regional residency conference or national pharmacy meeting. As appropriate, residents are encouraged to submit their projects for ASHP Foundation grants and their results for publication in a peer reviewed medical or pharmacy journal.
Resident Stipend: $51,250 annually
Dates: June 21, 2021 – June 17, 2022
Full benefits package including:
Paid vacation (up to 10 days), holidays and sick leave
Medical, vision, dental and prescription coverage starting the 1st day of employment
Travel support for attendance at national and regional meetings
401K retirement plan
Fitness reimbursement and other local discounts
Application deadline: January 1st, 2021
A graduate of a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Washington
Must be registered through the ASHP matching service
Meet all the requirements for employment at Virginia Mason Memorial and meet the professional requirements of the Department of Pharmacy
Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, professionalism and leadership and demonstrate a commitment to the provision of patient care
Applications will only be accepted through PhORCAS and must include:
A 1-page letter of intent stating goals and interests
Transcripts from all professional pharmacy education
3 letters of recommendation
At least 2 letters of recommendation must be from an APPE preceptor that can speak to your clinical knowledge and/or direct patient care
Virginia Mason Memorial
• Virginia Mason Memorial and its Family of Services, part of the Virginia Mason Health System, is a not-for-profit community healthcare organization serving the residents of Central Washington
• 256-licensed bed hospital plus 25 outpatient service locations supporting a full continuum of care that is accredited by the Joint Commission
• Largest employer in Yakima County and employs over 2600 people with volunteers numbering over 650
• Known for its strong pharmacy presence. The recent CEO was a pharmacist, there have been two recent pharmacist service line directors
• Innovative clinical pharmacy services including: pharmacokinetic consultation, drug information consultation to patients and providers, glycemic control, emergency response teams (code blue, rapid response, trauma), inpatient and outpatient anticoagulation management services, medication reconciliation, meds-to-beds with discharge medication counseling and terminal symptom management through hospice prescriptive authority.
• Most pharmacists on staff also serve on one or more patient care improvement committees
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.