The CIH Way — At CIH, Core Values are not a slogan, but our way of doing business. They are six foundational beliefs that reflect our company’s history and culture. We begin by creating an exceptional customer and employee experience by serving first, treating everyone uniquely and focusing on the way they want to be treated. To execute this well, our team players work together with a can-do and reliable attitude even when things get tough! We pride ourselves on being productive under pressure. Our industry-leading team of self-motivated individuals uses professional, transparent, and open communication to coordinate all of our activities to ensure we create a safer, more secure world.
By living our Core Values each day, we have the opportunity to make a difference and support our customers by following through on our promise to them of “providing YOU what YOU need, when YOU need it.”
JobSummary — The Project Manager is responsible for the whole lifecycle of a project from estimating and detailing to project management. This position requires a strong knowledge of hollow metal doors, frames, architectural wood doors and finish hardware.
The Project Manager is responsible and accountable for:
· Reviewing and managing all invitation to bids and quote requests.
· Reviewing construction documents and understand scope of bid work.
· Delivering excellent customer service by having a professional and positive attitude in all interactions with external and internal customers.
· Coordination as required to clarify project details and provide accurate submittals and product purchasing details.
· Performing all detailing work per CIH standards, code requirements, manufacturer capabilities, customer expectations, and contractual requirements for the projects assigned.
· Seeks out product knowledge, training, new detailing techniques, diligently listens to instruction given, and consistently applies knowledge gained to grow expertise
· Sets up project files and coordinates the flow of information (specifications, plans, transmittals, purchase orders, and change orders).
· Ensures that projects are on time for customer needs and are at or better than budget.
· Ensure the best possible outcome for the customer by attending job site meetings when needed.
1. Able to successfully estimate, close sales, detail and project manage.
2. Review internal sales instructions and contract documents to understand scope of work and contractual obligations.
3. Analyze project drawings, specifications and other contract documents to prepare accurate shop drawings, submittals, and schedules for doors, frames and hardware using manufacturer catalog cut sheets and industry specific software and other tools as required.
4. Accurately create hardware sets based on room functions and contract documents.
5. Obtain approved manufacturers quotations and enter products and costs into the computer system by opening.
6. Prepare RFI’s where there are questions or concerns with specifications, drawings or hardware sets.
Experience & Other Requirements
· 5+ years of door, frame and hardware industry experience preferred
· Pre-employment background and drug screening
· No issue with repetitive use of fingers and hands, sitting for long periods, and long periods of computer usage
· Moderate computer skills. Experience with Comsense is a plus.
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
About Central Indiana Hardware/Security Builders & Supply Co
At CIH We are With YOU Through the Whole Life Cycle of YOUR Project.
From inception to completion, we are here to provide YOU with what YOU need when YOU need it.