Coordinates the daily technical operations of the radiation oncology center. Works with the physicians, Physicists, Dosimetrists and Clinical operational manager and staff to ensure that the Treatment area runs efficiently and patients are treated in a timely manner. Supports the Technical Director in implementing new policies and procedures and in attaining departmental and organizational goals. Also required to demonstrate leadership and have the ability to make decisions and solve problems as they arise. Responsible for the implementation and continuous review of clinical practice standards as it relates to external beam treatment delivery. Balances clinical responsibilities (80%) with managerial responsibilities (20%). associates of the ISCI team must be committed to the ISCI Mission.
* Have successfully completed a formal radiation therapy technology program from an accredited Institution
* Possess a current Virginia license as Radiologic Technologist, or can obtain one upon hire
* Demonstrates strong leadership skills
* Medical Terminology: 1 year
* MR systems: Aria, Epic (preferred)
* Familiar with Varian Linacs (Required), CyberKnife (Preferred) and Proton therapy (Preferred)
* Radiation Therapist: 10 years (Preferred)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - RadOnc Chief Radiation Therapist
* Under the supervision of the Director, the Chief Radiation Therapist is responsible for the delivery of safe, accurate radiation therapy treatments according to the prescription provided by the Radiation Oncologist and any treatment protocol.
* Responsible for scheduling patients, maintaining coordination of treatments related activities and performing patient education.
* Responsible for orientation of new Staff and education of therapy students.
* Responsible for efficient delivery of treatments and with maximum patient satisfaction.
* Participate in performance appraisal for other therapists and students.
* Constructs immobilization devices as needed.
* Discusses procedure with patient, assures his/her understanding.
* Establishes proper patient position/immobilization based on input from Physician.
* Takes radiographs, appropriate measurements, tattoos the patient, records all treatment parameters in chart, completed digital setup pages and completes Aria fields as needed.
* Delivers contrast according to prescribed protocols.
* Follows established department policy for acquiring digital portal images, or performs other localization techniques to verify accurate treatment position.
* Follows site specific treatment delivery set up tolerances.
* Monitors patients for unusual reactions and events, reporting occurrences to the Radiation Oncologist, or Nurse.
* Accurately delivers and documents radiation treatment according to prescription.
* Determines TX tolerance according to site specific disease.
* Responsible for setup and parameter overrides.
Actively participates to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Makes procedural or process suggestions for achieving team goals or performing team functions; provides necessary resources or helps to remove obstacles to help the team accomplish its goals.
Listens to and fully involves others in team decisions and actions; values and uses individual's differences and talents.
Shares important or relevant information with the team.
Builds a positive team by offering assistance and support to co-workers, patients, vendors, and partners.
Puts success of team above own interests.
Works actively to resolve conflicts.
Internal Number: 56304BR
About Inova Health System
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.