Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Digital Business Technology team is responsible for enabling technology to that enhances consumer, Patient, Provider and Employee experiences across Banner Health. The Digital Business Technology team takes pride in being obsessed with enabling self-service, eliminating time-consuming transactional and manual tasks, and implementing innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
As an IT Product Owner , you will act as an integral conduit in the creation and communication of strategic plans between product managers and agile product delivery teams. Your experience with IaaS, CMS, user-centered design for mobile/web application, experience and user interface/design teams (UX/UI), and ability to leverage agile values, principles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.), will allow Banner Health to continue transforming the digital services that it offers
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is a high level strategic contributor and leader that will oversee business planning, tactical execution, and business integration of all digital initiatives; inclusive of, but not limited to, web site development, mobile platform and presence, internal application development, content management, self-service adoption, and ongoing maintenance of electronic channels. Incumbents are to provide managerial oversight and technical guidance to assigned product team members.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Translate emerging customer needs and technologies into actionable business terms and associated plans. Manage the process of Business Governance and prioritization of all enhancement requests to any and all electronic channels. Assure that the proper business case has been provided and the solution fits with overall strategic direction.
2. Develop solutions by applying accepted processes or is able to create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information. Review and consult on design and content of all digital projects to ensure consistency across electronic platforms, efficiency and lack of redundancy, appropriateness of statistical analysis, and relevance to business and strategic objectives.
3. Provide leadership and mentorship to team members in the areas of strategy, external research and benchmarking, best-practice analysis, business analysis, and ultimately implementation of electronic solutions to our customers. Leads a team of information technology professionals, end user customers and vendors to assemble request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP), return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets data or other high level strategic specifications and documents.
4. Establish and manage an effective dashboard of metrics that communicates objectives of initiatives and the progress towards specific goals. Oversee the effective, correct, and consistent application of data analysis and decision making based on fact for all information feeds into the innovation process for the Digital Business Technology team. Promote the use of data analysis and fact based decision-making. Educates and influences business leaders on the most effective use of electronic channel options from both a short-term and long-term perspective. Maintains a significant role in the creation of strategic technology plans.
5. Provides leadership for company staff, information technology staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes. Participates and may lead taskforces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
6. Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to.
7. Provides high level expertise to the development of fully integrated testing scenarios. Ensures that the information systems across multiple levels and states and their relationships are considered and are part of the comprehensive testing plans.
8. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge relating to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
9. Incumbents are to lead a team of IT Professionals as well as providing team members with technical guidance as needed. Incumbents are to foresee and resolve customer issues and provide solutions that meet the needs of the organization. Incumbents are to manage resources to resolve conflicting objectives and priorities and to stay within budget guidelines.
Must possess a strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree related field.
Must also have in-depth knowledge of concepts within job function as would normally be obtained in 5+ years' work experience in the field. 4+ years of experience with user-centered design for mobile/web apps or large, content-rich consumer sites. Must be able to develop conceptual sketches, wire-frames, visual mock-ups, and develop prototypes for demonstration of concepts with the business stakeholder. Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7229
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.