Busy Home Automation company seeking qualified person to perform installation of low voltage AV systems, Home automation, Distributed Audio, CCTV Surveillance, Access Control in DC Metro area. We are a Custom AV/Automation company with 15 years of experience in cutting edge Home/Commercial AV/Automation. Bonus for Control4 Certified Technicians.
Looking for an independent person capable of completing assigned tasks and ability to supervise Job completion. Training provided.
* Read and understand work orders and required steps to complete assigned tasks. Complete and close out work orders.
* Perform basic installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of AV and Home automation systems in new construction as well as retro-fit homes/offices/Commercial spaces.
* Setup, test and troubleshoot IT networks: Wi-Fi and Ethernet based
* Ensuring that equipment and information are on site to meet construction schedules and deadlines.
* Properly Install Low voltage Cable and Various Cable Supports (IE cable tray, conduit, hangers ect)* Properly testing and terminate low voltage wiring.
* Follow production, safety and quality standards to code and properly document work completed.
* Excellent Customer Service Skills* Understanding of Cat 5, Cat 6, Coax cabling and termination* Proper use of all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks-Including Drills, Cable Cutters, Saws, Hammer Drills, Knock-out punches ect.
* Basic Understanding of computer networking systems (routers, switches, servers and workstations.
* Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch for long periods of time and ability to work at heights and have good balance.
* Must be able to lift 60 lbs and carry 25 lbs consistently
* Ability to travel to multiple locations within a designated area of 30 Miles of Washingon Metro area.
* Possession of a Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
* Familiarity Home Automation control systems, audio consoles, power amplifiers, digital signal processors, video matrix switchers, video scalers, PC interfaces and digital video recorders
* Ability to read and understand schematics
* Ability to tune and tweak audio systems
* Audio and video cable fabrication
* Cable pulling and rack fabrication
* Able to bench test equipment and when needed prepare equipment to be sent out for repairs
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment are essential
* Must be a self-starter and a team player
* A strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical
* Able to pass Criminal background check and Drug test
* Clean Driving required to Drive Company Vehicles
Experience, Education, and Certification Requirements:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* 1 to 2 years of related installation experience
* Control4 certification preferred but not required.
Compensation based on experience and certifications between $30,000-$50,000